USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Triple Crown Tuner Challenge June 23 - 25

Old 06-26-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Glad you guys signed the banner.

Just pisses me off like usual. 12 folks say they are coming, 4 show up. Or less.

And folks wonder why Hyundai has no serious parts made in the US.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

You want to know what is sad though, I got the S3 mag, and on their back page S3 ad Hyundai and Scion had the two biggest ads on it, if you do a search on google for triple crown, you will find about 5 articles from national publications where Curt Mcallister talks about Hyundai Tiburons being at the S3, I found only one for Scion, and nothing for Honda. It is sad that, Curt, steps forward to make this stuff happen for free no less, and no one wants to support it. I understand why about 5 more Gk's didn't show, but I was supprised that only 2 Rd's showed up. We have the biggest support there, and the lowest turn out of any model there. Hell, honda had less publication on this and more of them showed up to just ride around and attempt to look cool. We had 2 Gk's take 1st and 3rd place for class 3 v6 show, 2nd for class 4 I4. With some of the nicely done Rd's floating around on this board, I think more awards would have made it into Hyundai owners hands. The king of the street award was won by an all C/F Evo, and he is an ex-GK owner. If Curt does S3 again for 07', I think people need to make more effort to just show up on Saturday more then anything. It is fun, you get in for free, free food, and free prizes. I spent a total of $30 for 3 days, minus the cost of hotel that was split between 4 people. The only reason I spent that much is because I had a steak dinner on Friday.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Well, no one supports it because of where, and when, it is.

They should support a real show, like Nopi Nats. We had what, 30 to 40 Tibs there last year total? 5 or 6 from this site?

But in Ohio? In the middle of the summer? There are other Nopi's, HIN's, and other big shows going on all at once. Hell, this is the reason I do the ABQ BBQ at an "Odd" time of the year.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:07 PM

There is talks right now about moving it to the HIN or nopi....but nothing is set in stone.....but in all honesty, S3 is fun, just because it is in the middle of ohio, in the summer means nothing...people are just lazy in general. Also becuase they have it set in their mind they only want it to be inside, and see vendors there. What I liked about S3 is you could compete as an amature in a speed comp, and let me tell you they all were amatures there, but fun no less to see everyone give it a go. Oh well, we will see what next year yelds us as far as a Hyundai sponsored event if any.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:04 PM

Being in Ohio has plenty to do with it. LOL

The big "Tuner" crowds in the country are on the west coast, and down in the south. It's just fact. The SW has a decent crowd, but so many folks here are into the OLD cars, the weather here is good for preservation.

Nopi, shit, that's where it should be. We had folks from all OVER the frigging country at the nationals. The NATIONALS. The biggest show of the year. Probably the coolest car show I've EVER been to.

ANyways, I hope they do it. I'm driving to the Nopi Nats from ABQ this year. I flew in last year.

My banner on the way back yet?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM

I have not heard from Homey since Saturday evening...So I hope he sent you banner back to you.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:26 PM

and my two cents...

two RDs and two elantra XDs. we def gotta step up the support.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:07 AM

As SOON as it's known about next time, post here, contact me, and we'll get it on the front page. I'll do a site email again (I think the last one got cancelled when our site went down for the move, only a few hundred folks got it), and I'll help promote the heck out of it.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:55 PM

sounds good. def too as an admin try to keep an eye out for it as well. http://www.midohio.com posts it in advance. we knew about it from the website for many many months. i would personally like to see someone from RD take charge and do the same thing I do for NT...... start a list and promote the hell outta the event.