USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Tibathon 2007

Old 07-27-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

hammondfra, REDZMAN: I'd definatley be willing to help plan something! Get me some possible dates and I'll start checking around for places to stay and things to do! Denver would be a great place to hold it. I've never been to a Tibathon meet. How long do they last? Is it a Friday to Sunday type event, or is it just a day or 2.

hammondfra: PM sent

REDZ: I'll hit you up if this thing is a go, maybe we can plan together.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone wants any information or has any suggestions feel free to pm me ... or just goto www.tibathon.net/forums and let us know smile.gif
Old 07-27-2006, 11:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if you have one at myrtle beach I'd be there! (about 6 from me)
Old 07-27-2006, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Denver it is...If someone wants to get something going in Vegas that would complete 2007 meets list.

I will need Redzman and tibbytib to sign up at Tibathon. I will give you guys your section to start planning all the stuff at...you will be listed under planners. All stuff you post will not be seen by anyone but admin, techs, and yourselves. This way you can discuss your plans and stuff, I have effective dates in mind, but alas I can not totally decide for your areas. We are looking at July, but I am waiting on the dates for S3 and the two bikes fests they have in Myrtle Beach. Supercow if you know someone in the area of the beaches that can assist me with that one, please point them to my direction. Currently I am drawing up lodging plans, and entertainment.

Some may not know what the Tibathon is, but what Josh was doing, and what we are doing now are totally different. We start on Friday, and last till Saturday night, with a possible breakfast thing on Sunday morning. How we did Joliet was the older crowd seemed to show up Friday night..LMAO 3 people, we went to a bar, got to know one another. Then Saturday was event filled with driving, seeing the local life on the expressways. Finally ending it off with a BBQ at boosts house, handed out prizes for members. Then we parted ways at 10pm....the remainder that stayed, you guessed it, we went to the bar and got hammered. One of the best times I have had at any kind of meet, next to S3.

We are accepting donations in any denomination you can muster. Our goal is to hit roughly 500 bucks for t-shirts and swag to hand out. When Tibathon first started, there was a registration fee. Unfortunately that doesn't work with something this small. We ask for the donations so we don’t have to have a registration fee. Currently at Tibathon our first sponsor is DEI, we have a contest going on over there that will last 3 weeks, starting August 6th throught the 20th. Look in the sponsor thread later this week for the details of the giveaway. DEI GIVEAWAY
I am looking forward to meeting all the folks with RD's next season.

Frank
Old 07-27-2006, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tibbytib, if it's not on a weekend with another meet I'm planning on going to, and is in Denver, I'm there.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 27 2006, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Tibbytib, if it's not on a weekend with another meet I'm planning on going to, and is in Denver, I'm there.</div>

Make sure you guys plan the weekend no where near a meet.. Most instances the date is selected around november or december, for the fact, you know when the major stuff is going on for the next summer by then.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Jer, Lets just make sure we got a date we can both commit to, and I think we'll be good to go. July will definately be the best for me.

Hammondfra: I 'll get signed up this weekend and start posting ideas and such.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:08 PM

PM me when you do get signed up so I can change you over to planner status on the site..I will work on getting the boards set for the planners....
Old 07-28-2006, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey, have one of the meets here in VA Beach. I have a place we can do it..but i don't own a tib anymore. Myrtle beach is cool thought and I will be there if you have it down there.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ Jul 28 2006, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jer, Lets just make sure we got a date we can both commit to, and I think we'll be good to go. July will definately be the best for me.

Hammondfra: I 'll get signed up this weekend and start posting ideas and such.</div>

June or July is great for me, since I will never go back to Las Vegas in the summer again. LOL