USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

S3 Event (Speed, Style, and Sound)

Old 03-27-2005, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 Event (Speed, Style, and Sound)

There is a Triple Tuner Crown challenge, hosted by S3 (as in, the magazine S3), in Ohio. It'll have speed (timed race course), style (ricers), and sound (ricers). tongue.gif:

I'm going with a group of GKs (NT.com people) to there. I went last year, and we had a ball. Definitely fun when a bunch of Tibs are cruising around (lots of heads turned). Last year, there were about 30 cars. This year...about 60....and not just GKs...I think we have 1 Camaro (11-sec douchebag), I think another RD Tib will be cruisin' with me (Zhiryst)...skierd's going too.

Dunno...it'd be nice to see more RD Tibs...but I know that's wishful thinking. mad.gif

If anyone does consider going to S3, it'll be in Mansfield, OH...and it's held August 27th and 28th. However, we're all meeting up on the 26th. If there's anyone interested...there's a list going on NT, which I can add you to. PM me...and you have to be more than 95% sure. laugh.gif:
Oh...and the reason we're doing this ahead of schedule is so we can get the rooms reserved before hand, so we don't all get screwed.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:12 PM

what part of ohio is that? the eastern half is pretty close to me, if I do not mind driving ten hours.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 PM

sweet...only an hour and a half from me...i found out about last years 3 days after it happened...ill make sure i request those days off...i just hope i get em off...ive already got days requested off for HIN chicago and cleveland

as for where it is, its about 1/2 way between columbus and cleveland off of I-71
Old 03-28-2005, 10:22 AM

Yo mad, You live in Jersey right? Well i live in phliiy area. So maybe we could go over together. Or at least drive our cars together.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:20 AM

i may go just to check it out if im bored. Its only about an hour from columbus.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:29 PM

LOL! 10 hours is nothing!

Last year, I met up with some incompetent NT guys, who slowed us down. It took us like 15 hours to get there....but the ride back home was about 13 hours.

I've got the worse end of the deal, but I'm still going. And if anyone else is definitely considering going (i.e. those of you who are further away from OH) then PM me so I can add you to the list.

Only reason why I'm doing it this way is b/c anyone can say they're going, but only 10% always seem to wind up going...and I don't want to say 20 RDs are going...when only 2 show up...especially with a bunch of GKs.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:14 PM

yup, I'll be going, there's a chance my tib will be s/c'd by then, if all goes well (money wise). Anf hey, if you think those GK drivers drive slow, wait till you see me wink1.gif last time we went cross state for a meet I got the only ticket laugh.gif I plan on running the timed course (I gotta test the tib out on that course it looks sweet)