USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Rdtuners: Fall Meet And Greet, Show And Shine

Old 09-19-2005, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I reserved the park space for a small get together of hyundais here in the North-East. Originally, I had intended for a show with trophies, but that might have to wait till next year.

What I do want though, is a chance for all Hyundai owners to get together and meet each other and check out each other's cars. To this end, I have set up a small meet here in Northern NJ (exit 120 on the Parkway) in one of our State Parks.

I still want a show.. so each person who attends and brings a car.. will get a packet that allows them to judge the other cars there. the one with the most points wins.. second most points, gets second. As there is no time to get trophies made.. I think a nice expose here on RDTiburon of the winning cars would be nice. Next year, if this works out, I will get some trophies made up ahead of time.

I know this is not a lot of time, but I have just not been able to take care of this until now... so here are the facts:

October 2nd (Sunday) at noon in Cheesequake State Park will be the start time. I will get at least one of the BBQs up and running before then.. if enough people show up, we can fire up more.

People need to bring food and drinks. Remember, this is a take out what you brung in kind of place.. NO TRASHCANS!

I already spent 80 bucks to reserve the picnic area, so I do not want us to be kicked out. So the rules will be simple.. you will follow the rules of the park.. plus there will NOT be a sound off contest nor any idiocy beind the wheel while you are there.

If you plan on attending, or know somebody else who owns a Hyundai who wants to come, please PM me so I can have an idea of how many numbers to expect. The place I reserved can handle 100 people. It has picnic areas, play area for any kiddies that show up, and bathrooms..

Cheesequake State Park <---= Click me!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i'm bumpin this back up...

i cannot go cuz i'm goin to the ABQ BBQ, but this sounds like a great time. Mad is putting a lot of time/money into it and there better be at least 10 cars there!!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:56 AM

I'll be there pending my car getting back on the road this week.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:16 PM

well, it has been a week since this was officially posted... and two months since I started talking about it...

Since it was officially posted, I have ONE positive, one maybe, and a can't go because he is heading the ABQBBQ...

if I do not get my responses, I am going to cancel and get my money back from the park.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:32 PM

well i'm still planning on being there,shame no one else in this area is showing interest. I hope it works out
Old 09-25-2005, 06:40 PM

I will be there. I just might not be in the Tib.

Lets go North East people post up!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

no sh1t. seriously. who's down there?! paperstsoapco. mb1604. showoff. anyone else. get to this meet!! i would SO be there.... but i'm goin to the ABQBBQ. whats 'YOUR' excuse?!??!?!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:50 PM

I am going to start PMing everybody in the Northeast about this... really going to piss me off if I spent 80 bucks for a picnic area (needed when more than 20 people show up) and nobody shows.

If that happens.. you can forget about me ever doing this again. Everytime people brought up the idea of a meet in the northeast.. the people from MASS complained when it was held in Philly... so I thought further north would be a good idea... and now nobody is complaining... OR saying anything positive.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 PM

I might show up...I'm going to a party the night before...so the time I go to bed will prolly decide wether I go or not , my gf might wanna come up to thought...as she owns a 04 elantra gt...but it deff wont be decided until later in the week...thanks for trying Mad...I'v been dyeing to go to a meet somewhere in the mid or north east
Old 09-27-2005, 09:05 AM

I am working the night before.. probably till 4am, at the Borgata. You know I will still be there!