USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Raceway Park In Englushtown 10-18-2008

Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MO9-yC1aDw&feature=user

Here is a video of a free road course event I participated in. It was open track day. Not so much to race, but to get a feel for the track. No passing, no passengers. Even with those rules set it was still a blast and after the 3rd of 8 laps in each heat everyone stepped it up a notch and started tearing up the track.

In case people don't know which car is mine, I'm the only white tiburon on there and also have the blue side stripes on.

This was my second and last run for the day. I left shortly afterwards, but I should have stuck around for another half and hour. After I left someone in a G35 was going around one of the turns and wanted to know what it would feel like if he turned off the traction control so he turned it off in mid turn and wiped out the whole front of the car. Damn I missed the carnage. At least the guy driving didn't get hurt.

All in all it was a blast. The Kumho AST's I have on the front held wonderfully even on a cold track. As for the rear of the car, it kept on trying to break loose for two reasons. One being that I have Fuzion HRi's on there (which have been deemed crap now by me), and I had a pre-existing condition of bad rear sway bar bushings that I need to replace sometime soon.

(oops, typo on the title and IDK how to fix it. It's Englishtown, NJ)
Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

tell me more about those AST's! i have SPT, i'm thinking of those for my fronts but i have ASX's up front, good for snow/ice but they're not as good as i thought.

how did the car take it? what do you think about the limits to our cars? how did it keep up with the rest?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:51 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It looks like fun. I guess that the no-passing rule kinda slows down the entire track on it's own huh? With no passing you wouldn't want to be the leader. lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (njsharkracer @ Oct 20 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>All in all it was a blast. The Kumho AST's I have on the front held wonderfully even on a cold track. As for the rear of the car, it kept on trying to break loose for two reasons. One being that I have Fuzion HRi's on there (which have been deemed crap now by me), and I had a pre-existing condition of bad rear sway bar bushings that I need to replace sometime soon.</div>

I have nothing but good things to say about the Fuzion HRi HL tires. It's probly all in your suspension. Between my KYB GR-2, Eibach ProKit, 17lb Drag wheels, and Fuzion HRi HL tires, my car roxors the suspension. I can take those circular onramps with a 30mph rating at 60mph. The fact that I will utilize my lifetime alignement and wheel balance from firestone, and keep all bushings sprayed with silicone regularly probly helps to. HRi tires were designed and made by a separate company owned by Bridgestone/Firestone with the same technology in Bridgestone/Firestone's high end tires.

They had Tuners like us in mind when they designed them. The reason they are cheap is they look and grip like the Firestone Potenza tire, but they are a noisy tire. People with high end cars are looking for a soft, quiet ride which also grips well. We don't need that. As tuners it's our duty to make our cars louder, faster, and better in all other ways.

Potenza http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bridg..._g009_ci2_l.jpg
Fuzion: http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSPr...i%20logo%20.jpg
Both use UNI-T construction which is basicaly a model for the entire tire http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=6

Another bonus about the Fuzion is that initialy the tire appears directional, but if you look closer, the tire is non-directional. This means you can perform a tire rotation like a standard 4point non-directional tire, which increases the life of the tires, as opposed to the directional front-rear swap.

I like my Fuzions. Although Bridgestones still makes it, Firestone has stopped stocking it at their stores. I was pissed when I tried to buy some and couldn't. I talked to the reigonal manager about it and they said really they have 2 types of customers, those who want a tire replaced quickly and don't want to spend more then $50, and those who want all 4 tires replaced when one goes bad. The Fuzion line did not make alot of money because it's somewhere in the middle. You can still get it from other sources, but Firestone does not stock it in the stores anymore.

I like Fuzion tires.