USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Ohio- Wyandot Lake Aug 27 & 28

Old 04-23-2005, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATTN: ALL HYUNDAI SHOW CARS

BBQ, Blues'N Cruise-In August 27 - August 28
The name says it all. BBQ food, live blues music and vehicles of all kinds displayed throughout the park.

This is a great show INSIDE the local six-flags water park, you get to show off your car and enjoy all the rides and water fun in the park. I finally received info back from the head of public relations as to what to expect at this years show.

Here is the info I received from him:

The package will be altered slightly this year. We are planning on giving away two (2) free tickets each day (car show entrant + 1) and breakfast and lunch will also be provided at no charge. We have new and improved giveaways this year including a large prize raffled off each day (it hasn't been confirmed yet so I will not get specific).

And the best change this year is:

One thing that is different this year is that we are not making the cars stay in the park all day long. We will be loaded in by 9:30 and the cars (and motorcycles) will have a Cruise-Out at 2:30 pm. If people and their cars want to stay, great, but they have the option to leave if they so desire.

Last year we had to stay in the park till 8pm due to insur issues.

He didn't have info about entry fees yet, But last years was $10 for both days and it should be around that. He said he will be sending me some entry forms as soon as they are ready.

I would love for this to be a big turn out for HYUNDAI owners. I will post any new info I get in this thread. And please post here if you are interested in showing your car and I will get you the forms as soon as I get them.

Greg

I will be keeping a list over on XD of all the Hyundai owners that are going to come out, so post here with which days your planing on coming and if u are a def or maybe.

Any questions - email me at gmcbride73@excite.com
Old 04-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

What if we dont wanna show our cars? Can we still come down for the $10 Entry or whatever and hang out? This sounds like it could be fun. Also what about hotel reservations?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:04 AM

I'm literally 10 minutes away from Wyandot Lake. Keep me posted on this.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:39 PM

I am in for both days....use to live about 15 mins away from there in Gahanna..
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 AM

If you don't want to enter your car, it would be regular gate fee ($25), unless you know someone with a season pass who could get you in or if one of the folks showing doesn't have someone coming with them then they would have an extra pass to get in.

If your car is in good shape I say go for it and come out and show. All you have to do is show up before 9:30am and pay your entry fees. That's what a cruise-in is all about anyway, hanging out and showing off your car and seeing what everyone else has.

And as hotels, Wyandot Lake is just north of Columbus. There are every major chain has hotels around this area. You can also search for hotels in Dublin, ohio as the park is just outside the dublin border.

SloKDM - I will add your name to my list

And As soon as I hear anything else I will deff post it here too.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:01 AM

Here is a link to the parks site if you've never been there.

Wyandot Lake
Old 04-26-2005, 06:34 AM

*******NEW INFO*********
The registration fee will be $8 per vehicle per day.

I'd prefer if I received registration and payment before the event. The main reason why we accepted both on the day of last year, was because BBC was a first year event and we didn't know what kind of a response we were going to get. Preregistration will help us gauge how many cars/motorcycles we need to reserve space for. .
Old 04-27-2005, 03:16 PM

I am out of all the forms he sent me!!! If you want to go please send your name and address to kchlapat@sftp.com and he will send you one.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:09 AM

Show info

I just spoke to the head of PR and he says they still have room for you if you haven't reg yet.

*******NEW INFO*******PRIZE INFO*******

THE NAME SAYS IT ALL

BBQ FOOD / LIVE BLUES MUSIC /
MULTI-CATEGORY CAR & MOTORCYCLE SHOW
(Show Hours: 10 AM – 2:30 PM Both Days)

PLENTY OF TROPHIES – TOP 30 PLUS…MANAGER’S CHOICE, DIRECTOR’S CHOICE, KID’S CHOICE, 5 MOTORCYCLE TROPHIES AND THE CLUB PARTICIPATION AWARD

SATURDAY, AUGUST 27 (Park Hours – 10pm-8pm)
&
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28 (Park Hours – 10am-7pm)

PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS
FOUNDATION OF CENTRAL OHIO
PARTICIPANT RAFFLE EACH DAY INCLUDES THESE PRIZES:
$500 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO UNLIMITED AUDIO, $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO QUAKER STEAK & LUBE AND 5 TICKETS TO THE SCCA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RUNOFFS AT MID-OHIO RACEWAY

DON’T MISS OUT - REGISTER EARLY – 200 VEHICLE LIMIT EACH DAY

Event hosted by:
The Columbus Charity Cruisers

EVERY SHOW PARTICIPANT RECEIVES
2 FREE WYANDOT LAKE ADMISSION TICKETS / FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH
OFFICIAL EVENT DASH PLAQUE (FIRST 250 ENTRANTS) / GIFT BAG

ALSO INCLUDED BOTH EVENT DAYS
50/50 RAFFLE / 20 AWARDS TO CATEGORY FAVORITES
DOOR PRIZES / MAJOR PRIZE RAFFLE (YOU CAN’T WIN IF YOU’RE NOT IN)
Old 08-15-2005, 02:32 PM

Could you submit this to Tibathon.com?

-Login to http://www.tibathon.com
-Click 'Create Content'
-Click 'meet'
-Enter the details, and click submit.

All meets and shows that have been entered can be viewed at http://www.tibathon.com/?q=meet/other_meets