USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Modified Madness Show In State College Pa

Old 05-23-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style="color:red">so modified madness was pretty cool! i had a lot of fun, but the show itself was very unorganized. half the day on saturday was spent sitting in my car in grid-lock trying to get to the judging tent and then back to my spot and then trying to leave. it was very caotic, but it was still alot of fun. i was sorta disappointed in the lack of good vendors. there were alot of them, but nothing really good worth buying. the weather was pretty nice on sunday, but saturday the showers came in late afternoon, but buy that time i was already judged and packing up to head back to the hotel.
as far as awards go...i brought home 1st place in the hyundai class and then best asian import other! yay! laugh.gif the plaque for 1st place is really nice, and the trophy for best asian other is huge! lol!
another really cool thing, they were showing a video on the big screens inside from last year carlisle that was held in harrisburg, and my tiburon was in there and i was sitting inside the car waving! i was on tv with my tib! they apparently showed this clip on speed channel because it said speed channel on the bottom of the video! i remember the camera crew coming by and filming my car, but i had no idea that it was for speed channel. that's awesome! B)
anyway, i just thought i would let you guys know how the show turned out. it was tons of fun. wink1.gif </span>
Old 05-23-2005, 10:01 AM

Congrats on your success!! That's great that you're able to attend and participate in car events. I wish I had more time on my hands to do stuff like that.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 PM

Congrats! Good to see you doing so well in the shows. My first show is next month. Cant wait. Any tips for newbies to the show scene?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:49 PM

<span style="color:blue">thanks guys, i'm really happy. smile.gif
draguntib - congrats for entering the show world and good luck! as far as tips go, just make sure your car is spotless. clean the devil out of it and make it look brand new off the showroom floor. if you have a million mods but a dirty car, you won't win. it's all about how clean the car is and how good it looks. good luck! smile.gif </span>
Old 05-26-2005, 09:53 AM

<span style="color:blue">man there were so many cars everywhere...i couldn't tell you if i saw it or not. </span>