USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Cpt Show In College Park

Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

hey man no worries, i saw you earlier but could not tell if it was you

here are the pics i took...

this meet was fulled up...i truly enjoyed myself, so did my wife and son (first time being to something like this, so we had to rep the RDTiburon.com with are shirts...lol)

there was a dyno and everything i will post the video of this boosted cavailer once i get it loaded...

HKC is a cool guy, nothing like talking about tibs and genesis coupes...

these were the only pics i took...you had every car there in the tuner world, you could possibly think of....it was freaking awesome

and what made it even better...everything goes to charity to support Martha's Table
Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

bummer i didn't come earlier and park next to you guys. it's not like how i remember two years ago, so much bigger this year!! those lots filled up FAST and it took all but a half hour before everything was full. and then the sheriff blocked off the entrances so we had to park on the side lots. i followed a light blue Genesis Coupe up and had a nice chat with the owner. he was a nice guy, joked saying i was the younger brother. it's huge, makes our cars look like boxes! he said he was not really into Hyundais, and visited Infiniti's dealership when he found out about the Genesis, and the value sold him. Me and mwood were the ONLY RD tiburons there, though there were about 10 newtiburon guys, and 5 more arrived with a few mustangs when i left. none of them noticed me of course.

mwood i feel bad that i didn't mention this was on UMD campus. i posted this thread before the AD's were put up the last few days on the CPT website. i really hope you didn't run into any inconveniences coming up. you are awesome! and your wife and son are wonderful ...and patient! we have so much in common. especially when you said "this is my baby here" and said that without a turbo, there's only so much you can do before you have to call it. your car is amazing. you did such a clean, crafty job with it that there's not a single flaw. even the paint was perfected. i'm so jealous of your custom exhaust, it's done exactly right, clean welds, hangers in exactly right places, mandrel bends and it sounds great. i hat to sit in it for the record haha. surprisingly, we have the same seat position! the color on it is really cool in person, like it was begging to be modified. you can tell everything you've touched has got good craftsmanship. i think we could talk forever about anything really. you really seem like a genuine guy with a great family and bright future!

now for the heat. it didn't hit me how hot it was until i got back into my car. it was 90°, cloudless today, probaly 95° on the parking lot with all the cars and tarmac. it was like the Sahara with no shade! (good thing mwood and i had our stunna shades) i got sunburned too. i didn't mind though, since doc recommended sun and it feels good now, and it's healthy for you but unbelievable how we even managed! in 2007, all the cars definitely stayed for longer until the evening. today it seemed like the heat was too much.

cudajoe, you must have been cruising with some high ballers. some of the supras there were insane, and the new GT-R was there too. mwood pointed you out and i made a joke to make you think "WTF is this Paparazzi stalker doing?" HAHA. it only sucks that all three of us didn't get to chat and hang out. that was partially my fault because i didn't think it would be so packed. it took 20 minutes just to get in, and then i wanted to find mwood but he re-parked trying to find me and it was so packed i didn't want to lose our appointment. but we did make the best of the moment while it lasted. the cool thing was i got to see your car, and a nice dose of the new car scent when you rolled down the window. what a coincidence that we even happen to find each other. the car really does look nice in person. it sounded great as well, from what i heard you could tell it was turbocharged. i was looking for the formula sae presentation, but i couldn't see it anywhere, or find chris. i spoke to the sponsors of this whole thing and they said my friends were out and about but i couldn't find them either. i did speak to some awesome people randomly who complimented the tiburon, and when i told them that the Mclaren F1 designer took part in it they were shocked.

if you guys want to meet anytime, just have lunch, or i can drive up to just chat let me know. i know we're all busy with papers, exams, and jobs, but i know these years fly really quick and hopefully i can make it earlier next year and we can settle down if we can make it. plus i can patch my car back to non-beater status haha. you guys got a small taste of the campus, but that's pretty much the lower half of it. it takes me 15 minutes to walk from one side to the other, 25 minutes to walk across the entire campus with a pace. the comcast center is where all the basketball games and tailgating happen. if you came from the i495 you didn't see the field with the sundial or where all the restaurants/bars are.

overall, a great show with a good variety of cars for everyone, lots of nice enthusiasts, great engine sounds, great booty (yah yah i had shades on so it's not like their boyfriends noticed lol), great weather, good times.

i will post pictures when i get them developed. not a lot of photos, only of me and mwoods car. cudajoe, i can't remember if i took your picture, that would be SO funny!!! hopefully i did though. hilarious.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM

yeah man i always down...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Oh my goodness. Those are some good looking rides. It looks like I missed alot. Those pictures leave me craving more. I really like seeing those wild and crazy rides. WOW! is all I can say.

This would be my favorite posted so far.

More pix!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:39 PM

^^^

yeah my wife even knows the Lotus is my dream car

that is all i had taken, there where alot of cars you see everyday
Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM

that rally celica was probably my favorite car out of the whole show, even though i loved most of the cars there. the brown widebody slammed supra--that was just insane. the drivers seemed really nice too. and so did the porsche guys. although, sadly, no 911 GT this year. no vipers 02.gif

the engines in these cars are true masterpieces. though, sad sad truth, we are the most beautiful in our class and still own in rarity!!! but i'm happy for that. props for the pics!

from my real camera. the other photos are still in the camera. hehe i know, but the real cameras do real great in sunlight.

lots of hot girls.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:17 PM

^What is that thing?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM

i have no clue and i did not bother to ask for some odd reason...

maybe because i was in aww of it fing02.gif
Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 PM

i saw it on t.v. one time. some official private company makes the kits. it's got a name but i can't remember. it's basically all honda parts, turbo Vtec engine. not sure what platform but it must be a civic or some sort. it looked uncomfortable, but really lightweight.

yeah i didn't bother to ask either, but my friend knows because it was her booth but she wasn't there.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

NSX?