USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

College Park Tuning Meet 2010

Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hey sorry guys i had the original plan to meet at Panera Bread on Tech Rd. next to Cherry Hill road which is off of a nice little section of country road that brings you practically right to the meet. It's a great location. Nobody would bother us there. but

i'm hanging with the Honda crowd this year since last year none of my car friends showed up and my friend is planning something else. so i've been waiting for her.

"hey, I'm planning out tomorrow's cruise. we're going to leave out of some spot in Silver Spring, probably near the Beltway. errr, remember to come with a full tank/camera battery/cell phone battery and room on your SD card!"

Mwood, it was GREAT that you could make it last year. it was so much fun. it should be more organized this year since the high turnout last year. the campus even donated more parking spaces.

here is all info:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2009 University of Maryland Spring Meet
hosted by College Park Tuning

• Dyno pulls
• BBQ
• Live DJ
• Feature cars
• Formula SAE car demo
• 50/50 Raffle
• Raffle Prize

We will be asking for 1(or more) non-perishable food item per person as they enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (http://www.marthastable.org).

University of Maryland – College Park, Comcast Center Parking Lots:

Comcast Center
Regents Dr.
College Park, MD 20742

(right off of the capital beltway)

Date
Sunday, April 26th, 2009

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm

Food
• BBQ, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs on the grill
• Soft drinks and other refreshments

Dyno
• $75.00 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to collegeparktuning@gmail.com . We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

The Last three years meets were great successes. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us! We look forward to seeing you all again!

INVITE 100% ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO THIS CHARITY EVENT</div>

if you want to meet, PM me for my phone # and tell me what your plans are, if you want to meet up at the show or meet early, grab some food and then cruise over with the hondas. again, i am not certain what the lunch plans are yet.

just to reiterate, Entry to the show: $1 or a canned food (it's a charity event). be prepared for traffic jams. BRING BOTTLED WATERRRR. it's going to be 91, possibly 104 on the tarmac like last year.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM

just some photos.

(this guy was surrounded by girls)

Gee whiz, this guy had the ONLY first gen Tiburon there.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 1997 hyundai accent swap 2.0 turbo

hey man i was two cars to the right of the silver rx7 in the 8th picture down ill post my pics soon too whens the next meet i got a flyer for one near gettysburg on july 17th anyone else going? oh and i got a lot of confused looks and compliments on my little beta swapped boosted X3
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM

no way!!! i didn't see a first gen accent! maybe i wasn't looking hard enough. i would have just flipped to see it.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:58 PM

i was there 2pm-5:30pm or so next to the two rx7s and a red 1995 240sx
Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACCENT2.0t @ May 2 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hey man i was two cars to the right of the silver rx7 in the 8th picture down ill post my pics soon too whens the next meet i got a flyer for one near gettysburg on july 17th anyone else going? oh and i got a lot of confused looks and compliments on my little beta swapped boosted X3</div>

can you scan the flyer or post the info for the meet in gettysburg

i wanted to come but with the tiburon being down, i somewhat lost interest

Adam, we will be getting up in the summer
Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM

i wonder how the bleep i didn't catch you. i'm mad at myself now. there were a lot of cars this year, but did you notice the FUNNY license plates?!?!?! "IT'S NIIIIIIICE!" "Slobaru"... on one of the vipers it said, "GAS LOLS" thought they were hilarious.

sounds good. Gettysburg sounds like a plan. i really want to go to carlisle!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:12 PM

i can maybe scan mine or email all the info and yea the lambos and ferraris in front of me were sweeet oh and im getting a new srt4 so my accent might not be at gettysburg im taking it off the road and putting close to 5000 into the motor to get me close to 350-400 horsepower so i can show up v8 mustangs
Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 AM

whens carlsile i havent seen an info on that yet
Old 05-07-2010, 05:52 PM

i want to see your car!!

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/index.asp it's going on now apparently. Import and Kit cars on the 21st.