USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

Carlisle Performance & Style, Pa

Old 05-03-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little late notice, but wondering if any NorthEast people are headed out to Carlisle Performance & Style show in Carlisle, PA this weekend. Here's the website:

http://carsatcarlisle.com/pands/index.asp

It's my 2 year anniversary (Saturday), but my lovely wife agreed to go to the show this year with me. SO, if you are there, I'll be the guy wearing the RDT shirt (gray COTM one)... and if you see me and my wifey, wish her a Happy Anniversary! (It'll lessen the trouble I get in later for dragging her to a car show!)
Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

How was the show? I've heard it's a great show in the northeast. Post pics and info if you can!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM

The show was great. I didn't take home a trophy, but there were a LOT of cars... I couldn't even begin to make a guess on how many were there... but here's a panorama of just the Domestic portion of the event. The import section was in the distant right of the image (where I was), and stretched out far out of the frame of the photo. And then to the right/behind me while I took this pic is where the car clubs were. It took me just about 2 hours of walking, skipping every other row of cars, just to see about half the cars there. At which point, I had had enough "tuners" for the day, and I left. It's a 3 day event that I stayed for just over 6 hours of. It was a 6 hour round-trip driving, so I was pretty beat at the end of the day.
You can also see the drive through judging that took place in the far left of the image. 2 rows for imports, and 1 row for domestic. I flew through in about an hour, but my buddy with a widebody S-10 (the black one in the gallery) inched through in about 2 hours. Seeing as many nice cars as I did (I didn't get pics of all the nice ones...) is quite humbling. There were at least 4 3rd gen hyundais that were in a proverbial class above me, as well as a bagged Santa Fe that was interesting, so I wasn't surprised that I didn't win...

<div align='center'>VVV CLICK BELOW TO VIEW 2.5MB PANORAMA IMAGE VVV

</div>

<div align='center'>VVV CLICK BELOW TO VIEW CARLISLE PHOTO ALBUM VVV
</div>