USA - Northeast USA - Northeast members here.

2010 autocross season

Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97/99/00 hyundai accents
Default 2010 autocross season

2010 schedule

march 28th fedex field wdcr-scca(3rd of 7 in class, 57th out of 178 on pax)
april 11th fedex field landover, md autocrosser inc 1(2nd in fsp on street tires 58th of 118 on pax)
april 18th fedex field wdcr-scca championship event 1(4th of 9 in class, 110 out of 235 on pax)
may 2nd fedex field wdcr-scca championship event 2(missed because of car drivability problems)
may 16th cumberland airport nationalroadautosport icebreaker(drove a stock suspension esp wrx on street tires 55 of 83 raw time, 3rd of 4 in esp, 53 of 83 on pax)
may 23rd fedex field autocrossers inc 3(driving gimps bmw 318ti in fsp 2nd of 5 44th out 92 on pax)
may 30-31 fedex field scca northeast regional(driving a 318ti in fsp 3rd out of 5 in class 99th out of 192 on pax)
june 6th cumberland airport nationalroadautosport historics(drive the 318ti in fsp 1st out of 6 in class 11th out of 78 on pax)
june 13th fedex field autocrossers inc event 4
june 20th fedex field scca prosolo(just spectating since i forgot to register)
june 27th fedex field wdcr-scca event 3(back in the accent 4th out of 6 in fsp 59th out of 191 on pax)
july 11th fedex field wdcr-scca event 4(3rd out of 7 in fsp, 44th out of 192 on pax)
july 25th cumberland airport nationalroadautosport summer sizzler(1st of 5 in fsp, 21st of 58 on pax)
aug 1st fedex field wdcr-scca event 5(driving a rx8 4th of 9 in c-stock, 79th out of 187 on pax)
aug 8th nationalroadautosport hosts polish mountain hillclimb flinstone, md
aug 14th nationalroadautosport speed week autocross (driving the rx8 2nd of 2 in cs, 10th of 69 on pax)
aug 15th fedex field wdcr-scca event 6(driving the rx8 6th of 9 in cs, 124th of 186 on pax in the wet)
sept 4-12th solo national championships lincoln, nebraska (driving the rx8 in cs 29th of 36 in class, 679th out of 1153 on pax)
sept 19th cumberland airport nationalroadautosport harvest moon(back in the accent 1st of 5 in fsp, 13th of 79 on pax)
oct 3rd fedex field wdcr-scca event 7(accent on street tires in fsp 3rd out of 3, 127 of 190 on pax)
oct 24th cumberland airport nationalroadautosport pumpkin carve
oct 31st cdc test and tune harry grove stadium frederick, md
nov 21st harry grove stadium frederick, md capitaldrivingclub test and tune

well its that time again, autox season has started and i'll try to update this with all the results, pics and videos i can just like last year.

I ended the season on a high note by winning the fsp championship with wdcr-scca. I also had quite a few wins in other organizations throughout the season with a few top 10 paxs. I also had 2 engine failures last season bummer. This season is looking pretty good. Thanks to some quirky scca rulemaking it looks like i'm going to have my hands full trying to win another championship. A very quick dsp civic si is now legal for fsp and has 2 equally good drivers. It looks like i'll be battling for second and 3rd most of year since i'll be "out carred" for the year. The accent still should be very competitive at other local regions though. The car has seen a few updates on the offseason which i'll list in a mod list. The first warmup race was a couple weeks ago and everything went well. I got the car back together a week before the race and was a little worried there might be some teething problems but the car felt great. I still have a few things to install on the car before I can get the reliability I was this season. As the schedules get put up with the different organizations I will put up my schedule of events I plan on attending this year. Same thing goes as last year, anytime someone wants to come hang out at event let me know and i'll try to get you a ride along(events permitting). I'd love to see some board members come out and see the car in action.

here is a new mod list for 2010 and a background on the car for those that are new

99 hyundai accent L
5spd 1.5 sohc
weight- 2025 lbs with a 1/2 tank without me
power- est 85-90 whp

engine:
short ram/k&n
4-1 header(wrapped)
2.25 converter
2.25 magnaflow resonator
2.25 side exit
unorthodox crank pulley
summit racing slim electric fan
urethane filled front and rear mounts
13lb odyssey jet ski battery
2.0 tb on modified stock manifold, 2.0 maf, 2.0 injectors
255lph walbro fuel pump
half ass tune with a safc2 and a wide band

trans:
redline 90wt gear oil

suspension:
blown ksport coilovers
whiteline adj rear sway bar
poly bushed stock front bar
full yaya bushing kit
evofusion front and rear strut braces

alignment specs:
-2.5 degrees camber front zero toe
-1.5 degrees camber rear zero toe

brakes:
2000 lc front knuckles, rotors, calipers, rear hubs, drums, shoes
ebay xdrilled rotors
front braided lines
castol race fluid

wheels/ tires:
street/wet- 15x6.5 konig heliums
205/50/15 bridgestone re11s
race- 13x9 5" backspace diamond racing wheels
255/40/13 hoosier a6 front 225/45/13 hoosier a6 rear

interior:
corbeau forza seat
schroth harness
chopped shifter
aem uego wideband, summit oil pressure gauges
radio, speakers, a/c removed
canton accusump 2 qt system

exterior:
hacked front fenders to fit 255s and 13x9s
rolled rear fenders ditto above
lots of stickers

i have a lot of things to add to this post but it will have to wait until next time
new pics

Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Cool can't wait to see how you do this year.

Our season has been going for a while now. smile.gif
Old 04-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

yo man, i wanting to get into AutoX and i see your in MD...i live down in Southern Maryland (Lexington Park Area)...

we should get up and i can learn a thing or two
Old 04-09-2010, 02:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ Apr 7 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yo man, i wanting to get into AutoX and i see your in MD...i live down in Southern Maryland (Lexington Park Area)...

we should get up and i can learn a thing or two</div>

sounds good i'd love to get more people into autocross, its the best way to learn how to drive your car to its limits. It is also a very good adrenaline rush, just think of each run as a 60 second rollercoaster ride.

any of the wdcr-scca events aren't too far from lexington park, they also allow me to give ride alongs so if you came out for an event just to spectate(which i suggest for your first time) you could experience what its like up close and personal. The entire dc region schedule which includes autocrossers inc events is on www.wdcr-scca.org under the solo tab.

i got my co-worker hooked at the warmup event(he's the one holding on for dear life in the pics) so now he's eager to try to it out.

if you ever want to meet up give me an email and i'll give you the details.

hope to see you out there
Old 04-22-2010, 03:42 PM

first points event with wdcr and i had a pretty terrible day, took a leisurely run for the first to feel out the new sealed asphalt(slick as ice), spun my 2nd and 3rd runs away, and had to take a very conservative last run to get some points out of the day. I ended up 4th out of 9 drivers in class and 110th on pax out of 235. I'm definately not happy with my performance but the new pavement was giving even the national champs a fit. hopefully it will wear in some before the next points event in 2 weeks. paul, my co-driver was driving his bmw 318ti in fsp as well and got me by a second so per the deal we made i'm going to be co-driving his car for our northeast divisional and i'm footing the bill for 2 new hoosiers. oh well, it will be fun either way, i'm just a little bit broker now.

here are some pics from my awful day

Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator

It's tough if the surface is slicker for you than most the other drivers. Hopefully it'll go better next time.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mr.autox @ Apr 9 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sounds good i'd love to get more people into autocross, its the best way to learn how to drive your car to its limits. It is also a very good adrenaline rush, just think of each run as a 60 second rollercoaster ride.

any of the wdcr-scca events aren't too far from lexington park, they also allow me to give ride alongs so if you came out for an event just to spectate(which i suggest for your first time) you could experience what its like up close and personal. The entire dc region schedule which includes autocrossers inc events is on www.wdcr-scca.org under the solo tab.

i got my co-worker hooked at the warmup event(he's the one holding on for dear life in the pics) so now he's eager to try to it out.

if you ever want to meet up give me an email and i'll give you the details.

hope to see you out there</div>

hey man PM your email, in middle of tranny swap right now, but i see on May 2 your going to be up there off beltway, i hopefully i will have my car back together for CPT show of University of Maryland College Park
Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM

well since my autocross season is coming to a close i figured i'd let everyone know how it went since its been quite awhile since i've updated anything. I'd definately consider myself a car slut this season as i got to drive a 318ti, wrx and a rx8 pretty much all season. I was able to do my first national level event in may and I made my first trip to the solo nationals in sept and didn't do half bad for my first time out. It has been a pretty damn good season of autoxing. I am way off championship points locally this year(which was expected) but i had some good finishes and class wins outside of wdcr-scca. Also I didn't ruin any engines this year which is a huge plus after killing 2 last year. The car is in serious need of some maintenance and i'm considering another hyundai to take its place in the meantime. I have a serious ammount of pics i will post once I get some time. until thn here are some teasers from nationals.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Administrator

I love the second pic. Most excellent. smile.gif

Glad your season went pretty well. I missed half of mine due to things going on in my life and bent valves. Just got the car back running.