USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.
View Poll Results: Tibfest 2005
Aug 12, 13, 14
58.33%
Aug 19, 20, 21
41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Tibfest 2005

Old 07-22-2005, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so whens the acutal date for this? and is it still happening?
Old 07-23-2005, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

the meet is still on, its on August 12th, 13th, and 14th

because of a wedding, i can no longer go..

as far as the weekend plans, it mostly revolves around gettin really sh1tfaced. the dealership where this has been held at will no longer support the meet for some reason or another.

i hear they wanna have a track night saturday night or somethin... i'll PM Zeineth and have him post an update
Old 07-26-2005, 08:36 AM

Hello Boys and Girls. Sorry for the delay in getting more info to you. The web site is now up to date at www.tibfest.com.

Been kind of hectic, first off a big announcment, TibFest has now been recognized by Hyundai Canada and they will be assisting us in future years. This years participation will be very limited, but there will be Hynundai Canada PR reps attending on Saturday and will be bringing a few 06 model cars to view and drool over. Next big thing is the Saturday even is a huge Poker Run. Should be about 150Kms long and take 2-3 hours to complete. Will be running the course this week to get accurate numbers for the maps.

Friday night there is a test and tune drag race at the track in Shannonville which is about ann hours drive from the campground that begins at 6pm. A number of people over at NT.com have expressed interest in this. $5 to watch and $20 to race, and thats in Canadian money.

The date is August 12-13-14 and the cost is $12 canadian per person which you pay to the campground. As always tibfest in a no charge event. There are t-shirts available which can be pre-ordered on the tibfest web site using paypal. If you want a specific size you must pre-order otherwise you get whats left over. There is also a picture of the image being used.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions that are not answered here or at nt.com or on the web site www.tibfest.com.

One last thing, if you are planning on attending and have not signed up I beg of you to please do so asap. I need to have fairly accurate counts of people and cars especially for the poker run. Also Saturday evening the campground is having christmas dinner that is $5 a plate to charity, turkey and potatos and all the fixings. Please indicate if you are interested int hat as well so they have enough food for everyone.

One last thing is that I ask everyone to have fun, but to please be on their best beheivor. The camp ground allowed us to come again this year but we do need to exercise some control over our selves and now that Hyundai Canada is participating it is even more important to behave so that they will help this grow into the largest Hyundai event in North America. (which is the plan but you did not hear it from me)

See you soon

Zeineth (Andrew)
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

thats awesome news. it sucks so much i can't make it... when i found out when my cousins wedding was i was PISSED beyone belief

believe it or not i miss you canadians. haha

i soooo wish i could go 02.gif
Old 08-01-2005, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

You'll just have to make Hyundai Sunday instead. It looks to be pretty busy as well.

As for me, I'm still gonna make it, I'm really having a tough time as I'm working a little bit more right now, but I'll make it up for something I swear.