USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.
View Poll Results: Tibfest 2005
Aug 12, 13, 14
58.33%
Aug 19, 20, 21
41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Tibfest 2005

Old 01-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Tibfest 2005

Although it's not for a while, some planning has already started for the next Tibfest installment.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">DATE IS SET!! <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Mark your calanders. August 12th, 13th, and 14th is<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"> Tibfest 2005</span></span></span>

Location: Campground is 15 minutes outside of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I believe it's called Vernon?

Not familiar with Tibfest? Here's some of the things:

<ul>[*]<span style="color:blue">Drunken Camping</span>[*]<span style="color:blue">Drive to Royal Millitary College of Canada for the scenary.</span>[*]<span style="color:blue">More drunken camping</span>[*]<span style="color:blue">Fun times had by all</span>[/list]Cost wise: it is very cheap. Last year it was like $13 a night per PERSON (not tent) to stay at the campground. The drive to the site is awesome (thats if they let us come back!!). We got a whole section of the campground to ourselves. It's a huge area.

Other:
There were only 4 RD2 tibs that showed up... Zero first Gens. I would like more involvement from the rest of the community. The NT guys won't bite (except maybe Jazz and Lil Law). This was seriously a GREAT weekend, and can't wait for this one.

There were about 50 cars at last years event. We're lookin for more!!

For more information on this site, check out <span style="color:red">This NT.com thread</span> or <span style="color:red">Tibfest.com</span> for more information.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">List of those from RDT.com showing interest/definately going: </span><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">(this is merely to gauge interest in hopes for more sponsors)</span>
  1. Arctic Chill - Worcester, MA, USA <span style="color:#0000ff">(Definate)</span>
  2. <span style="color:black">Sparticus - Gardner, MA, USA </span><span style="color:blue">(Definate)</span>
  3. <span style="color:black">silvertibbs - Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada </span><span style="color:blue">(Definate)</span>
  4. TibMinn - Minnesota, USA <span style="color:#ff0000">(Possible)</span>
  5. 01tibby341 - Manchester, CT, USA <span style="color:red">(Possible)</span>
  6. AEMTIB01 - Pennsylvania, USA <span style="color:red">(Possible)</span>
  7. alex01tib - Parish, NY, USA <span style="color:blue">(Definate)</span>
  8. JalemX - New York, USA <span style="color:red">(Possible)</span>
  9. <span style="color:black">Omega - Quebec, Canada [along w/ CHQ] </span><span style="color:seagreen">(Most Likely)</span>
  10. breck - Fairmont, MN <span style="color:blue">(Definate)</span>
  11. TibRacer01 - Peoria, Il <span style="color:red">(Possible)</span>
  12. OdessitPashka - Owing Hills, MD <span style="color:red">(possible)</span>
<span style="color:darkorange">Are you definately going??? If so, please also register HERE!!. yup.gif</span>

Don't know if you wanna go? Maybe pictures can help:

Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I'm there, count me in. May just come up for the day, but...... I'll be there at least for one night I think. We'll see I'm goint for sure, just don't know for how long.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I wanna go, looks like a blast! My gf goes to college in Oakville, how far away is it from there? I'm definately interested, but D^MN thats a long drive...
Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 PM

Silvertibbs is added as definite. TibMinn as possible... and I mapquested the drive... Kingston is 3 hours north of Oakville...

and my drive was pretty damn far too. It's a fun time.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

thatd be about a 21-22 hour drive for me then.... and dont get me wrong, its not JUST the time I care about. its all those miles at once!! poor tibby haha. so Im still at a maybe
Old 01-17-2005, 11:50 PM

sounds cool..... i should have plenty done to my car by then. I'll have to talk to my friend and see if he wants to go. I'll have to go on mapquest and find out how long it will take to get there from CT.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:54 PM

honestly im considering it, its about an 8 hour drive, ill get back to u guys on it, same deal i will bring a buddy of mine
Old 01-17-2005, 11:59 PM

if you know how long it is to get to springfield.... add about 10-10½ hours. It's really not that bad of a drive. last year sucked cuz it was raining most of the drive. And its not like everyone has stuff done to their cars. Arctic has an intake and clear corners, and he fit in just fine up there. lol

you 2 have been added to the list as possibles

Edit: i wanna know why it took so long last year. lol. i just mapquested it and it says like 7 hours for me..... Oh. yea. i'm thinkin of the drive UP. we stopped a bunch of times, had some destractions. yea, it's like a 7 hour drive for us in Mass. So, 01tibby341, add like 6 hours to the time it takes to get to Springfield
Old 01-18-2005, 12:36 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im definitley in for it...by then if all goes to plan i should be boosted by then..might have a lil more to show off hehe...we got anywhere to race near there? that would be neat...if you guys usually do this then forget i said anything...but count me in fo sho (ill start saving for that 13 bucks wink1.gif)
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Arctic has an intake and clear corners, and he fit in just fine up there. lol</div>

The fvck? I had intake and exhaust. Would be nice to see some more RDTib guys.

That was really someone's penis, but someone chopped in a beer bottle.