USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

Midwest Meet

Old 04-25-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a good time! Not as many people showed as planned but it was still fun. I got lots of pictures and I need to scan those sometime today or tomorrow. The track was a good day - I ran a 16.4 which was an increase from last time I ran a 16.8. There was a supercharged GK there that ran 13s, 2 that ran 15s and one that ran 17s. I was the only rd that showed up. We also had a del sol and crx there that came with the group from Minnesota. Nogo2.0 brought his elantra but didnt run. They were all amazing people and we had a lot of fun with them. The autocross was awesome, the tibs did pretty good. We are thinking our next meet will be in Northern Iowa closer to the Minnesota people.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:07 PM

I would suggest the next meet be in the Chicago area....if we have one in Northern Iowa that will be another 7 hour drive that most of us Indiana people probably won't be making. If we are going to have a club that works we need to have a meet in a Centralized Location close to everybody. In my opinion that is the Chicago area.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black01Tibby @ Apr 25 2005, 07:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would suggest the next meet be in the Chicago area....if we have one in Northern Iowa that will be another 7 hour drive that most of us Indiana people probably won't be making. If we are going to have a club that works we need to have a meet in a Centralized Location close to everybody. In my opinion that is the Chicago area.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Reason for this is the minniesota people form the cities drove 6-5 hours and made up a larger portion of the people there you guys would only had a 4 hour drive last time. plus we are just moving it around a little I mentioned Earlville,ia which isn't to bad. for everyone
Earlville,Ia
Peria,Il 3.5hours
Minneapolis,Mn 4hours
Rochester,Mn 3.5 hours
Indianapolis,In 6 hours
waterloo,Ia 1 hour

Another Idea maybe for later is Joliet,IL
Peria,Il 2 hours
Minneapolis,Mn 6 hours
Rochester,Mn 5 hours
Indianapolis,In 3 hours
waterloo,Ia 4 hour

there is also a track up in Speedway Kaukauna, WI 54130;
18411 1st St Union Grove, WI 53182-9200

Or we could have it in my back yard
I don't like the Idea of driving 11mins though but I already mentioned this one
http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com/Schedule.html
Peria,Il 3.5 hours
Minneapolis,Mn 3 hours
Rochester,Mn 2.5 hours
Indianapolis,In 6.5 hours
waterloo,Ia 11mins

All the hours were figured off of google maps they are times are not exact. I know I could make it form Indiana to iowa and back in one day trucking so I don't want to hear it. the twin cities made the long haul last time so I believe they deserve a break!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 PM

ok So you got a 7.5 hour drive for earlville.... so I guess lets come up with a date and see who Can make this time then determine where to have it...... you would have equaled the twin cities last time though... I don't know see if you can find a better site for all of us and I guess cordova,il is as good as its going to get between you and the twin cities. I've been in other clubs and have never seen that many people travel that far. but I've noticed that the people who are close by don't seem to come out as much( just from those clubs. It usually the people who have a hour drive that show up and it might be 4 people. It would have been 3 people not 13 if it wasn't for there long haul I just wish I could have cruzed down with them It was fun on the way back!

Oh check out byron too I think that wouldn't be to bad

I don't know anybody who runs a new stock car...... ( If I'm racing I want to bring my gt out-at least for the strip) I didn't have anything to show...just 16 somthing or 17s depending how I lauch it and get through the gears
I wish I would have tried the scca event though that looked like fun....

here is a website on drag strips.....
http://www.speedwaysonline.com/HTML/Tracks...gstirpindex.htm
Old 04-25-2005, 10:56 PM

i could throw a meet here in rockford, i throw meets for my probe club often, and the location of rockford rocks because u have byron drag way (1/4 mile) less them 30 minutes away, and the drive there is scenic as hell along the river, we have blackhawm farms (2 mile road course) in town, were the 2nd largest town in IL so theres plenty to do. just an idea for summer.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:45 AM

rockford sounds good for me.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:48 PM

i would like to have a few meets this summer - one in Northern Iowa, one in Rockford or Chicago area, and maybe one in Wisconsin or Michigan area. People are welcome to set up their own meets in the their own areas. If the state reps want to have one just let me know, I may not be able to make it to all because of work. Keep throwing out ideas people.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:55 PM

well rockford is also about 5 minutes south of the wisconsin border. figure 45 minutes from madison, bout an hour and 1/2 from milwaukee, and an hour from chicago
Old 04-26-2005, 06:05 PM

I want to find another autocross event to co-inside with a meet. those things are
bad a_ _.......... the next one around here is

oh yeah and those you who are thinking about buying helmets:

It has been brought to the attention of SCCA Technical Services that the use
of full-face or closed-face helmets while driving vehicles with active airbag
restraint systems may result in injuries in the event of a crash that deploys
the airbag. Because of the location of the steering wheel relative to a
driver’s position, the airbag axis is on a level with the driver’s chin. In a
crash with airbag deployment, contact with the chin area of a full-face
helmet can be so powerful “that the risk of fractures to the jaw cannot be
ruled out“ (Hubert Gramling, FIA Institute, FT3/AF, 18.5.1999). This applies
to vehicle that may be used in Solo, RallyCross, High Performance Car
Control Clinics, etc.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that full-face helmets not be used in
vehicles with functional airbag systems. Potentially more restrictive language
is currently being considered for 2005, which could appear in an early 2005
issue of FasTrack.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think we should figure out a few good places to meet around the midwest, all in different areas and then jsut see who could make them. I would definately make the drive to rockford or chicago and about anywhere in Wisconsin or Michigan. Id even think about Iowa. We jsut need to make sure we have meets so people from all over can make it without to bad of a drive. So whens the next meet? laugh.gif