USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

First NW Meet of the year

Old 01-29-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated
Default First NW Meet of the year

Well, this was today (the 29th) and there was a pretty good turnout (11 cars)...glad to see both Lane and JD could make it with their red RD2's (both very nice).
Had a nice drive down Lake Washington on such a gloomy day...
Cole brought a guy from Manchester, NY with his New Civic Si (don't know what that japanese thing was doing with all us Korean-made beauties)...
AND, we even raised money for a good cause! <to pay Lane's car payments!>
so all in all, it was a good day. I had to leave early but hope everyone had fun after the drive.
Here's some random pics, I'll put up the close-up's and other pics when my scanner works:

Hood's up:

4 GK's + 2 Elantra's = not enough Rd's!!!!

From left to right: Tim(elantra), JD(RD2), Lane(RD2), ummm...other first gen guy...blanking on the name, ME!!(RD1), Cole (GK)

JD (left), Lane (right)

dumbest pic ever(I'm in the RD in the back installing my new instrument cluster that's hooked up w/ LED's thanks to tibby01). Yeah, no joke I'm sitting in the Fry's parking lot taking apart my interior to put em in while we wait for JD and others to show up:
Old 01-29-2005, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Nice pics mang, really. Did ya'll do a group drive?

Really nice. Be nice if we could get MORE FOLKS TO SHOW UP HERE IN ABQ!!!

Bastards.

LOL

So how much of a car payment did you guys get up for him?>
Old 01-30-2005, 12:20 PM

We drove down Lake Washington Drive which is a nice little windy road along Lake Washington, some nice views. Too bad it never really got sunny enough to take some good pictures. I think some of the guys here just went to play some pool afterwards, I had lots of stuff to take care of that day. Met some nice people from all over and saw some nice rides too.

Everybody pitched in to help Lane out, I dunno how much of a dent we made though. Hope everything works out for him, otherwise this could be his last meet....
Old 01-30-2005, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I just noticed this and thought I would ask, is there somebody that had a walker in that first pic?? Or am I seein' 5h!t? 02.gif confused.gif

Looks like there was a nice mix of types of cars. Hopefully you get that cluster thing worked out. I can't wait to get my gauges back from tibby01.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just noticed this and thought I would ask, is there somebody that had a walker in that first pic?? Or am I seein' 5h!t? 02.gif confused.gif</div>

You're not seeing things...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs)</div><div class='quotemain'>Looks like there was a nice mix of types of cars. Hopefully you get that cluster thing worked out. I can't wait to get my gauges back from tibby01.</div>

Yeah, nice representation of the Hyundai Tiburon family of cars...
I think I did get it worked out, I think I just blew a fuse and need to replace it or something. I had the gauges working at first and when they did light up they were beautiful! It lit up that section of my car! I know what you mean about being anxious, I got mine in the day of this meet, and couldn't wait to see what they looked like....so I installed em' AT the meet, haha!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'></div>

You like that battery tie-down? haha

Some nice pics Pat. Glad to see you got your gauges done!

And yeah, everything worked out for my car - and I'll be keeping it and setting up fresh with the bank that did the loan. They were very happy, to say the least. I couldn't believe that you guys all got that money together for me..... I didn't even know what to say. That's why I just told you all to check the forum on NT (since that was pretty much all NT.com people), so I could do a sincere thank you for you all at once. I didn't even know how to thank you all at the time because I was just stunned, completely.....

That says a lot about this scene and the people around here that come out and help eachother on these sites, from all over the country. You guys continue to amaze me, and I'm the first to help anybody out in any way with their cars or personal lives.... if I'm able to.

*Edit*
Here's another pic... kinda' small but it's clear.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:48 AM

Yeah Lane, these sites are awesome....
I'm glad I found them, how's your headlight? workin yet? I blew a fuse on my instrument cluster so nothing lights up (yeah, it's fun driving at night) but I'll get it done and fixed by....today actually.
see ya around
Old 01-31-2005, 09:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah Lane, these sites are awesome....
I'm glad I found them, how's your headlight? workin yet? I blew a fuse on my instrument cluster so nothing lights up (yeah, it's fun driving at night) but I'll get it done and fixed by....today actually.
see ya around</div>

yeah, just my low beam though. i'll take care of it after my other interview today. or try to anyway.....
Old 01-31-2005, 02:32 PM

Here's some more pictures from this meet posted by another member from NewTiburon, he drives an XD and posted these pics on his cardomain site:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/703490/3
Old 01-31-2005, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wait a sec.

How much money was raised? Seriously, I want to know. I'd like to do a news article for the front page with this.