USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

Cottage Fever 2005 - Planning Stages

Old 09-21-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: User Rank

Hey guys I know some of you are from the southern states and don't get much snow, sometimes none. But up here we get it and can't wait for it to go. I thought I would throw this idea in for anyone who might be able to make it. This might be asking alot, but I really want to host something like this.

Sometime in the spring of next year I want to do exactly what REDZ is doing and have a huge party/meet, but instead I want to KICK OFF THE SUMMER. Up here there is lots to see, obviously Niagara Falls, for all the kids and that. I work at THE Holiday Inn in Fort Erie, so everyone can stay here. If the days are right we'll have a killer rate available. TRUST ME. We can have a huge party at my place or wherever. Here is a tenative list of what I have been planning. Every thing is close so if there is something you've wanted to do up here we can do it.

Day 1 - Meet and Greet - Cruise Night

We can get together at the hotel to keep everyone in the same spot. We have banquet facilities here so we can meet up with people and maybe have a dinner. There is a cruise night every Sunday Night in Niagara Falls, alot of old cars, domestics, and imports, but not much of a tiburon gathering, I am one of the few down here. We can stay at the hotel too and have our own cruise night, most of the cars that go to NFLS are from Fort Erie anyway.

Day 2 - Final Day - See Niagara - Track Night

Honestly we've got something for everyone in Niagara. We obviously have the Falls which are good to see it is a Wonder of the World and all. We also have a lot of wineries in Niagara-On-The-Lake I have some contacts with them so we could do a wine tour or something of the sort. Also in NOTL we have some little boutiques. Guys we can drop the ladies off there and head to the track early!! LOL.
I have a friend that owns a performance shop in St. Catherines. They are really into the B-series VTEC stuff. I asked him if he wanted to do a track night thing, Hyundai VS Honda and he was up for it!! These guys are a blast, I know there is some underlying competition so we could have a good time. The drive to the track is a little long, but it is more fun driving to the track then it is racing at the track. Not saying we race around but it's nice to all ride together. Last time we went to the track, there were 12 cars (mostly Honda's/VW's and the Miata off of Tuner Transformation) and we all stayed together the whole way up. It was awesome, we were getting so many looks and ladies were following us, it was just a fun night.

This is obviously just in the planing stages but I seriously think you'd have a good time, I'm up for any suggestions too. We can make it shorter or longer depending on what's needed. Unfortunately I can't make the ABQ BBQ, and would be there if given the chance. But once you get here everything will be taken care of: accomodations, food, and transportation if it's needed. Honestly once you get here you'll have a blast. I'll update this thread if people are interested. C'mon I thought up a name and everything!!!! LOL

<span style="color:red"><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">Please follow - will be easier to contact people if I have them in my email or pm listings.</span></span>

<span style="color:cyan">Just PM or email me if you are interested in coming. Leave this thread for ideas/suggestions if there are any. I'll keep track of people who are interested and post a list here. Let's see if we can get something together. If not........I tried</span>
Old 09-21-2004, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

I'm right over here in Rochester, I'd be down for that, I know some of the people at innovativetuning.com and they could probably get us some dyno time also. Plus we could cross the border and tear it up north for a while, sundowners????
Old 09-21-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: boring out stock manifold

this is a great idea!

long enough to plan too.

i'm IN! this time i'm going to make sure i'm at a huge meet. i'll begin planning.... lol.gif

this is the only one i might be able to plan for financially after all this time.... nice work.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Winterizing ur car

YO IM DEF. IN!

Live in rochester, NY. i could just take the fast ferry over bro. (or drive)

Would we be stayin at a cottage or a hotel? either way you can count me in.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Definitions?

Okay, here's the deal judging by the people who have responded this could be a good thing. I'm going to set a tenative date for around MAY 8-11, the second week in May 2005, Mother's Day is May 8th. ***EDIT If this is not good the week after is just as good. *** This way people are done school and we can maybe get everyone down for a couple of nights.

Rates will be the lowest here cause we are slow at the hotel. As soon as we get some people together I can get a definite price for people who need to stay over. I'll get you to call the hotel directly to make a reservation. This will be just like a group buy, the more people that come the less we'll have to pay.

** I forgot to mention above that where our drag strip is there is also a lapping track so if you wanna see what you can do on a closed circuit, we can do that too.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Head Unit help

ill be there as long as I dont have guard duty that weekend. Probably with the elantra though
Old 09-23-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Head Unit help

Minor little change, maybe just to make it easier we'll do a two day event only just read the above and let me know. It's honestly up to the people that are coming. Weekdays would definitely be better cause the track will be cheaper as well as room rates.

Rooms

Room rate wise it'll be around $129.00 CDN for double occupancy, (two adults to a room) with more people we can get it way cheaper. At this price I will hopefully include breakfast in the morning. For an extra cost we might be able to get dinner the first night. A certain price per head would be easiest.

Track

As long as they don't change on Wednesday nights it's $20 a car, $10 a spectator, and you get as many runs as you can get in from 6:30pm - 11:00pm. I'm not sure about the lapping track but I can find out. Prolly expensive though.

Other Stuff

Niagara Falls is cool, there is stuff available to see them for cheap through the hotel. Wineries and that are an option too.

Hell if there is a show near these dates lets do it then. We can all truck up there altogether.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Tragedy?

this sounds like a great idea and something i would probably end up doing. reason that its good is that its so far in advance. it gives everyone time to request it off from work and such...

but personally, the downside w/ me is that i start finals on May 13th. they are finished on the 19th. so the 8-11th would be hard for me because it's during the worst time of the school year... If the majority going is college students (or you lil highschoolers tongue.gif ) maybe you could post when you finish w/ finals. kinda sucks for me :? hopefully there are others in the same boat as me...

or just plan in on may 22-25 for me?? tongue.gif
Old 09-23-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Quality of Motegi rims???

Alright this is what we need. Thanks Sparticus. I know that alot of students around here are done by then. We can do a poll for dates.

Also keep in mind I picked May because I can get a good rate and the weather should be decent. I can do April too. Those rates will not hold in June. Maybe, possibly but I highly doubt it.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Getting Car turbo ready

Hells Yeah i'm in for this... I'm bringing a crew though !!! .. Sounds like an awsome idea... LOt's of time to plan !

W00t!! Can't wait!! smile.gif