USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

Autox Today In Arizona

Old 12-04-2005, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

K, the title is supposed to read "Auto X in Arizona - Phoenix International Raceway"

I was at the AutoX this weekend for a little bit, seeing how the AZ scene has been lately. Goo dnews and bad news. Good news is, although I did not run (I was working to rack up free track time), all of my car club did good.

Here's some pics.

Bad news is a guy almost died...the guy that gives out timeslips when you finish...well he was sitting in a chair and behind him was the trailer...and an S2000 was coming out of the course a little too fast, or a lot too fast. and he locked up his brakes, after that bad stuff happened, the car went right into the guy, plowing into him and smashing him against the trailer. Broke a couple of the guys ribs, snapped his neck, and decapitated one of his legs. He had to be airlifted out and they had to leave him pinned against the trailer until the helicopter got there so that the gallon of blood that did come out of his leg when they removed the car didn't come out too soon and result in his death.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

fixed both the X and the N in phoenix for you man thats horrible though

poor guy