USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

2007 Abq Bbq - Ideas And Info Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, time is drawing near so it's time to get this thread going.

This thread is for discussing the 2007 ABQ BBQ, my annual meet here in the town that I love, Albuquerque NM.

I always hold this the first weekend of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, which is in October of every year. This year is the 34th Annual, and we usually get from 700 to 1000 balloons in the air at once. This is a Hyundai meet, but any of you guys and gals are welcome to come.

Info on the AIBF is here...
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/

Pictures from some of the last meets can be seen here.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v131/RED...%20Show%20Pics/

We usually do the following.

<u>Friday - Meet and Greet</u>
Meet up around 4 to 7 PM, go have a nice dinner somewhere (I have a few ideas for this year), and just socialize.
1. Osaka Steakhouse (about a 5 minute drive from my house) B+ food (Japanese Steakhouse/Sushi/Teppan)
2. Gardunos (about a 5 minute drive from my house) A+ food & Atmosphere. (Authentic New Mexican food, Mariachi's and singing.)
3. Azuma's (about a 20 minute drive from my house) A+ Food & Atmosphere. (Best Japanese steakhouse around, with showoff chefs.)
4. Korean BBQ House (about a 30 minute drive from my house, but worth it). A++ Food and atmosphere. (Korean food, galbi BBQ, ect. Right on Central/Old Route 66)

<u>Saturday - ABQ Balloon Fiesta - BBQ or Group Drive</u>
Get up about 5 AM, get to the Balloon Field (most will get in for free), do the amazing balloon thing, drink till about noon. Go home, take a nap. Get back up and either do the Group Drive or the BBQ, or both.
Group Drive Suggestions.
1. Sandia Crest - Approximately 1.5 hours from my house to the top. Fantastic views, very curvy roads. REDZ Rating of A, photo rating of A+
2. Jemez Springs/Soda Dam - Approximately 1 hour from my house, curvy roads, beautiful scenery. REDZ Rating of B+, photo rating of A.
3. Caldera Drive. Approximately 4 to 5 hours round trip, but one of the best drives you'll ever do. This includes 2 or 3 rest/photo stops. REDZ Rating of A+, photo rating of A+

4. VLA Drive. Approximately 6 hours round trip, with long break for photos in front of the satellite dishes. Actual drive is a bit boring, and long. REDZ Rating of C+, photo rating of A++

<u>Sunday - ABQ Balloon Fiesta - Group Drive or early BBQ if not done on Saturday</u>
Same schedule as Saturday, with either an early BBQ, or the Group Drive if not done on Saturday.

Anyone from here is welcome to stay for free at my house, and I can put up about 6 people here before it gets uncomfortable. You would need to get your transportation to ABQ, cover food expenses except for the BBQ, and whatever souvenir money you want to bring.

ABQElantra has said he can put up a few folks at his place too, contact him for more info.

If you want to MAPQUEST or GOOGLE MAP the directions, the address is 6932 Brinsidi Place NW, Albuquerque NM 87114

That's not my address BTW, but it's close by. LOL I'll give you my address for sure if you are coming.

Please note if you are coming, and how long you are planning on being here. You are WELCOME to stay for longer if you want, the fiesta is 10 days long. if you are wanting to ride in a balloon during the fiesta, there is contact information on the first link in this thread.

Incoming flights would be to airport code ABQ.

ATTENDING:

1. REDZMAN
2. Lizgiggles
3. Satan Spawn (my son)
4. Cysc00
5. ABQElantra
6. ABQElantress
7. Tibbytib (Of course.)

Might Attend:

1. alli.s007 - Putting in for leave, not sure on travel plans.
2. stauf

I think I got it all. Let your friends know, bring a parent, whatever you want, but SHOW UP! Let's make this a BIG ABQ BBQ guys!

EDIT!

Here is the videos for the 2005 Spring ABQ BBQ.

Here is a short one with music over it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/47793558/bbqmusic.avi.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4IL2J4VO
^^^
This link is for the full 245 or whatever megs the full video was.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

count me in for all of it. The wiff for some of it... depending on her work schedule.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 AM

Updated. You should tell her to put in for the time off NOW.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

as long as i can get leave from this hellhole, i will be there! sounds like a load of fun. laugh.gif just gotta figure out the details and what not, and ill be putting in for leave for then today, since i now have dates to go by...
Old 07-24-2007, 11:42 AM

End: 6932 Brindisi Pl NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114-1458
Total Distance: 815 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 11 hours, 38 minutes

Uhhhhhhhhhh........... cartman.gif

If I come, I'm continuing to TX since I'd be over halfway there... Consider me a Maybe.... and thats with the free housing option....
Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Okay, sounds good. Updating.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

if any cool peeps are making the drive from Southern California, I can meet ya on I-40 in Flagstaff and cruise with you the rest of the way (5-6 hours). smile.gif
Old 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

You know I'll be there man!! Cant wait!! fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif
Old 07-24-2007, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

filling out my leave form as we speak..... the addy? so i can put it on my da form 31? ill have to fly in on the 5th, because that morning ill be in class, learning to become a takedown instructor.... ill be flying out bout 1 pm my time. iuno how long a flight would be but we'll see i spose tongue.gif
Old 07-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

hahahahaha, I can't keep it a secret anymore...

this was 05'

and wait'll you see what's coming for 07:

say whaaaa! yes, that is a patrick pinata, next to patrick's car. LMAO!
(and that's my dope pup blake).