USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

*PICS!* Finally, pics of the 2004 Fall ABQ BBQ *No 56K!!*

Old 11-26-2004, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: FS: Turbo Parts

Everyone keeps bugging me for pictures of the BBQ, pictures of this, pictures of that, pictures of Faithofdragon being molested in his sleep by a Chihuahua, pics of ABQElantra in Drag.

Yup.

Here they are.

This first set is the weekend before the meet.

^^^
Notice the balloon landing in the arroyo. Awesome.

^^^
Note the bad ass gauges and lack of dash in my tib. LOL

^^^
That's right, over 700 Hot Air Balloons in the air at once. Awesome. I love New Mexico.

^^^
That's one of the many "Special Shape" balloons you'll see every year.

^^^
I Love that shot.

^^^
Yes, that's a traffic jam caused by balloons landing. Yes, that's my son on the left running to see an accident. LOL

^^^
That's the Bumble Bee's in the background there, they start EVERY flight tied together at the hands. It's so adorable. Note the Ski Sandia Peak balloon on the right. That's right, there is VERY good skiing here in Albuquerque and in NM in general.

^^^
The guy with his back turned is one of the pilots we help out. They come from Indiana every year with a bunch of balloons. Second from the left is Cysco, of the forums, my bestest friend. To the right of that is his brother, and his brothers FINE ass ... Friend. LOL Half Korean, half German. WOW.

^^^
Wave 1 of the balloons going "Cold". Laid out and with big GAS powered fans blowing air in them to inflate the envelope.

^^^
Pilot testing the 12,000,000 BTU burner on his basket. Yes, that's TWELVE MILLION BTU's...

^^^
As you can see by all the people, when you pay to get into the Fiesta Grounds, you get to walk right around the balloons when they are going up and getting laid out. It's awesome.

^^^
Here are myself (Center) and Fino (Right, Cysco's older brother), holding the neck of "Big Red" open. You hold it open so the wind from the fan (FAR LEFT) doesn't push the neck closed. It's awesome standing right there when they light up them burners.

^^^
Inside of "Big Red", and a good shot of the last time I've ever seen the best gloves I've EVER had. Sniff, sniff...

^^^
That's my baby. Cysco. BIG FOCKER eh?

^^^
This is the pilot of "Big Red", Wayne I belive his name was. GREAT guy, good pilot. You'll see why I say that.

^^^
Yours truly in the center, sporting the Crooked H love. Cysco trying to act innocent. Little did I know that I was about 45 seconds away from my first Hot Air Balloon ride ever. Getting to ride one in the Fiesta, is rare. Cysco, good pal that he is, decided to let them all know I am a veteran. It just so happened that this day was Veterans Apppreciation Day, and I got offered a ride.

^^^
Blurry, but we were MOVING fast as hell when we took off. The red blob in the center is Chris, my son.

^^^
Flight 1 taking off and laying out. In the upper center, notice Smoky Bear, the balloon with the green hat. You may have seen him in the news, more on this later.

^^^
Notice in the upper center, the space shuttle balloon? It's name is the "Patriot", and it's BIGGER than the real shuttles. Also, notice the 250,000 person crowd. Biggest at the Fiesta EVER.

^^^
Belive it or not, 2 of my cousin's houses and one of my crazy aunt are in this picture. LOL

^^^
Notice the teardrop shaped elongated ballons? There is a black/blue/white striped one on the right third. They are racing balloons, their shape lets them go up and down REALLY fast. They do some SERIOUS competitions for these Fiestas.

^^^
Downtown ABQ in the distance...

^^^
Me, stoked, sunburnt, and just plain happy.

^^^
It's not a SAFC, but it's cool. Here we were about 2,100 feet above where we took off. We got up to 18 MPH during one stint.

^^^
The mighty Rio Grande.

^^^
These above and below are when they do a Balloon Glow, or Morning Patrol/Morning Show. Looks awesome seeing them up and lighting up like lamps.

^^^
This is Hillary's (XIIX's) daughter, can't remember her name for the life of me. VERY loving little girl. She's dating my son now. LOL

^^^
This is the balloon we worked with during the meet. We all got in for free for the whole weekend. Cysco rules. That's his sister on the left.

^^^
From left to right...

FACING
Cysco, REDZMAN, daniel_gtv6, XI_IX, Faithofdragon (Male), his fiancee` Kori, and Hillary's daughter.

^^^
Awww... Rest in peace Smokey.

^^^
I want one of these so bad. LOOK CLOSELY. That's right. No basket, 1 seat. Called Cloudhoppers.

^^^
Belive it or not, that is CYSCO'S CAR. AND I HAVE WITNESSES!!! He recently sold it, but it was still his as of last month. LOL

^^^
Race night, Cysco against a Dodge Magnum. Cysco won in his SE-R

^^^
Faithofdragon in the front lane, in his 96 Elantra, beating AJ / ABQ Elantra in his 04Elantra in the far lane.

^^^
XI_IX in the near lane, 2000 Tib, AUTOMATIC, beating Kori's v6 Mustang Convertable.

^^^
Note the radio towers in the background. Remember Smokey?

^^^
Me scaring the hell out of Kori. Mrs. 3 hours of sleep, by making her think a Hot Air Balloon was landing on her. Really though, it was just a Hot Air Jeremy.

^^^
Hmm... Hot Air Balloon. Last Day. Last flight for said balloon before it retires. Refer to the Smokey the Bear comments earlier, and the picture of the radio towers. That's right. We were there, you saw it on CNN and FoxNews.

^^^
This one and the following are our crew drive up to the Sandia Crest. WHAT a drive it was. Saw a fellow RD owner on the way up, he was on the way down going nuts seeing all his fellow car owners.

^^^
Us in our car, XIIX behind us, Faithofdragon/Kori behind her, AJ/ABQ Elantra behind them, and 04Silvertib behind them. Awesome drive. Great ending to a great meet.

^^^
Yes, this hill is THAT STEEP. Some bastard finally got out of the way and the RACE WAS ON! Faith and Sivertib went nuts the rest of the way. Breaks were STINKIN!

^^^
Cliffs overlooking the 3K feet drop to Albuquerque on the west side of the Sandias.

^^^
Silvertib04 on the left, AJ/ABQ Elantra with his back turned.

^^^
That be thunderstorms off to the East.

^^^
Kori standing in front of a stand of antenne. No wonder cell service and radio broadcasts are soo good in NM.

^^^
Lizgiggles (REDZWIFE) in the Steelers jacket. HEY. Stop lookin at her ass wink.gif .

^^^
My son, Christopher. Freezin his nuts off.

^^^
Looking down on ABQ on the left, the Rio Grande in the center splitting the screen. And the Sandia Indian Reservation on the right.

^^^
Nothing at all like a New Mexico sunset.

^^^
Sorry it came out so blurry guys, it's the best we could make it.

Left to right...

Hillary's Daughter, XI_IX (Hillary), Kori, David (Faithofdragon), ABQ Elantra (AJ), REDZME, Lizgiggles, 04Silvertib (Jason).

^^^
Left to right...

2004 Elantra - AJ (ABQ Elantra)
2001 Tiburon - Jeremy (REDZMANG)
1996 POS (Elantra) - David (Faithofdragon)
2004 Tiburon - Jason (04Silvertib)
2000 Tiburon - Hillary (XI_IX) <- Note, she drove 12 hours each way to make it to the meet.

^^^
David enjoying a Corona. LOL Sortof. Found out about Soju first.

^^^
Jason (Right), staring at his wife's goods (Katie, Left)

^^^
Someone label this pic for me.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, SO HERE'S DAVID WITH A CHIHUAHUA WALKING ACROSS HIS BELLY".

^^^
These pics are from Halloween. My family runs a Costume store here in ABQ, and we go dress up and make folks come shop. AJ is the eagle, I'm Shrek, and Chris is the Undead Union Soldier.

^^^
My little brother John, dressed as Michael Jackson. Too bad you can't see the hair well.

^^^
With the Sandia Mountains in the background, the ones in the earlier pictures, you have me on the left, the Prophet Zaltar from Zoltar, and yes, AJ, on the right. He's a hot piece of ass.

Didn't mean to post it yet, I was gonna start with some captions, so I guess you'll see them as I add them.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Logo's

come on REDZ.... who's who??

who has the piercing and who's the chic? Who has the Mechanix gloves on and who's passing out on the couch?

who's Tib has no dash? My favorite balloon was humpty dumpty... awesome pics REDZ wink.gif
Old 11-26-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Re: *PICS!* Finally, pics of the 2004 Fall ABQ BBQ *No 56K!

thats a lot of pictures. not that many people came though.
Love the baloons, and beautiful nature!
Old 11-26-2004, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>come on REDZ.... who's who??</div>

Try reading you dweeb.

LOL
Old 11-27-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Re: for sale.. took a bunch of stuff off be it goes to junk

Nice pictures..wish I could've gone.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: *PICS!* Finally, pics of the 2004 Fall ABQ BBQ *No 56K!

Me too mang, me too. We had a blast.

We had...

I dunno.

8 people total?

We got a few more now.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Official Member Listing of Crooked H

Hey REDZ, awsome pics! That's a whole lotta ballons! 700!!! AAAH! LOL R.I.P. Smokey... how did the crew get down!??? That must have been very funny especially because it was Smokey and not just some regular balloon.

That's a lot of pics mang! They're amazing! Thanks for posting them up for us. ABQ NM looks like a really cool place to live although the sky shots in which I noticed it was under development and the area was expanding. Sheez... it must have been cool to see an aereal view of your home.

I love your H hat! I had bought myself a really sweeeeeet H cap. It wasn't like cheap-o plastic and H logo that you can see the thread weaving out, but it was such a nice cap it was velcro adjustable and the logo on it was plain and simple. real sway... i know how you must feel about your gloves because to this day, i'm still looking for my cap! it only cost $7 at the dealership too! and it was the very last one left.

the racing pics are awsome... did you compete? OOh and the Hyundai follow was neat!!! I wish my friends had Tiburons so we could form an RD Club like your friends do. My sister is spicing her 2k tib up... If my friends all had Tibs (the better alternative) than I would be all set. I have NO idea why they ADORE my car and hate theirs and still withdraw from this community. I'm pressed over these cars. Hey if I lived in ABQ I'd be there! tongue.gif
Old 11-27-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Kuhmo Tires - Bad Pictures :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey REDZ, awsome pics! That's a whole lotta ballons! 700!!! AAAH! LOL R.I.P. Smokey... how did the crew get down!??? That must have been very funny especially because it was Smokey and not just some regular balloon.</div>

The pilot had 2 kids, one was 11 and one was 9 with him at the time. They were fine. Luckily the envelope held. They lashed the basket to the tower and climbed down. 700 Feet.

Whew!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>That's a lot of pics mang! They're amazing! Thanks for posting them up for us. ABQ NM looks like a really cool place to live although the sky shots in which I noticed it was under development and the area was expanding. Sheez... it must have been cool to see an aereal view of your home.</div>

Yeah, thanks alot man. I love it here, couldn't ask for a better place to live. Ask almost anyone from here. It's perfect. As for development, we went from the 33rd biggest city in the US to the 31'st in the past 6 months. The coolest thing about being up in the balloon is that you don't feel any wind. NONE. You barely feel like you are moving. It's awesome. I WILL own one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I love your H hat! I had bought myself a really sweeeeeet H cap. It wasn't like cheap-o plastic and H logo that you can see the thread weaving out, but it was such a nice cap it was velcro adjustable and the logo on it was plain and simple. real sway... i know how you must feel about your gloves because to this day, i'm still looking for my cap! it only cost $7 at the dealership too! and it was the very last one left.</div>

I love that hat, got it at the dealership. We have some REALLY nice ones at my other local dealership, I'll get some pics when I go buy one soon, and I'll send any out that ya'll would want.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>the racing pics are awsome... did you compete? OOh and the Hyundai follow was neat!!! I wish my friends had Tiburons so we could form an RD Club like your friends do. My sister is spicing her 2k tib up... If my friends all had Tibs (the better alternative) than I would be all set. I have NO idea why they ADORE my car and hate theirs and still withdraw from this community. I'm pressed over these cars. Hey if I lived in ABQ I'd be there! tongue.gif</div>

No, I don't race it. I just mod my car cause I like it, nothing to prove to anyone. Not to mention it's the only running car in the family right now. I need it to go to work and such.

You are always welcome, thanks for the nice comments. Next big meet will be in the spring/summer.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Re: *EBAY ALERT!!* 1997 Tiburon PARTS CAR - Pennsylvania

and yet you still dont fix the fact that my car is a 2000

and it may be a beater but its still faster than yours.... laugh.gif heck i had the fastest hyundai at the track that night with ABQ as a close second hehe the gk was the slowest there

remember Redz

neon does not = hp tongue.gif