This forum is to inform members about Turbosocks, and the forced induction
items they sell.
http://www.turbosocks.com

What stuff would you guys like to see?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turbosocks @ Dec 9 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if i could get a manufacturer to produce manifolds for the 1.6L accent, I can do the rest easily. An Entry level kit that I would be comfortable installing on my own car... Depending on how cheap I could get the manifolds for, maybe 1500-1700$ shipped for a complete kit (minus the downpipe)

I would ALWAYS run an intercooler on a turbo kit, no matter the psi, even if it is a small intercooler.

Would be similar to this kit: Entry Level RD kit but with smaller injectors and smaller intercooler. Would be able to knock off about 200$ if someone REALLY wanted to run without an intercooler.</div>
That's a reasonable price, and if the car would only require a downpipe to run properly, I think you would have a winner. If it requires the FIC, it could still be a winner, but less so from people not wanting to pay that much and/or not wanting to do the wiring.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turbosocks @ Dec 9 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If i was to offer a tuning solution for the Accents, I would recommend the AEM FIC, seeing how successful it has been on the RD Turbo Tibs.</div>
No problem there, as long as there were clear instructions for installation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turbosocks @ Dec 9 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For 4lbs of boost, there isn't that much really needed. As i said earlier though, if it was MY car, i would still run a small intercooler, probably some injectors that were a bit bigger than stock, and maybe a cheap FPR to do some 'minor' tuning. This should be a decent way to do things for such low boost.

I would also always use a wideband, but then things get expensive for 4lbs. I know people are wanting to do things as cheap as possible, but its hard for me to recommend something I wouldn't do.</div>
I would also always run a wideband, unless for example it's been proven to run fine on several owner's cars. At that point it might be a valid option to just buy it and go. A FPR is tough, as most of the 1.6l Accents are returnless.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turbosocks @ Dec 9 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sammich plate: ~35$ shipped, never gotten a price on one before, but probably around 35$ shipped..

they are 3-port plates with 2-plugs. Come with the fitting adapter, O-rings, plugs and plate.</div>
That's what I'm looking for. I'll let you know when I go to buy my Accusump.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent

<span style="font-family:Arial">I agree with 187 i dont want to blow my engine or anything but to pick up everything at once, and injectors i think it would be a steal. full kit for the accent ftw</span>

editted by teh soxors.. font tag was buggin me tongue.gif
Old 12-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

+1 on the wideband. Even if others are running the same thing. There was a guy with a setup VERY similar to mine (if not identical), and our FIC maps were significantly different. I never quite figured it out, who knows what was different.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

yeah, wideband is pretty much a MUST imo and its only 200$ extra. that way, you have a real good idea if that 4lbs your pushing is gonna cause future problems or not.

yeah, if i have a pinout, i can create a FIC diagram with real good instructions that anyone could understand, just like I did with the beta.

what are the stock accent injector size? just so i can start putting things together for a list besides a manifold
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Crap, you put me on the spot. I don't know the stock injector sizes. I saw them somewhere but the location escapes me at the moment.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

I have contacted Treadstone regarding getting a 1.6L manifold mass produced in CAST. I will let you guys know what they say and what I/we will need to do for the next step. I am guessing they will need a basic log manifold as something to start with, and they could reproduce from there.

Whiplash, for the CAI, I think i can do it. would use 3 couplers and 3 pieces of pipe to keep the price down so i wouldnt have to get it welded. Would put the filter right in the wheel well area, just after it bends down like this:

the difference would be instead of all the unnecessary bends, would have two 90s like the AGP.

Would be about 130$ shipped or so, might be a little less. Would use one of the universal 3" filters like in this link: Air Filter You could upgrade to a K&N if you would like. I have used the same filters on both my Tiburon and my SRT-4 without ANY problems.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I already have a K&N so that not a problem. Would it be possible for you to take some pics? And are there any vacuum fittings on the intakes?
Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

haha, its jut the idea i came up with first. wanted to know if it sounded ok before i ordered the couplers/clamps/piping.

110$ shipped without the filter if you wanna keep your K&N.

what vacuum fittings are you using, i know alot of people cap the valve cover to Intake line cuz of oil.
if you need it, there will be the two vac. ports and the one hole that uses the grommet for the IAT.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Right now Im using everything stock. But I'll need this intake for a D44 kit next spring.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

ok, so i would be guessing you would cap off the intake port for the valve cover, dont want that oil spraying into the new turbo, haha.

this is what i did for my BOV pipe, works great.