This forum is to inform members about Turbosocks, and the forced induction
items they sell.
http://www.turbosocks.com

What stuff would you guys like to see?

Old 12-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default What stuff would you guys like to see?

Well, what would you guys like to see in my store, or offered on here?

I can get alot of performance stuff at pretty good prices. Would also be willing (if i have a car to test on) to make new CAIS, bolt on intercooler kits, turbo kits, etc.

also going to look into having a cast manifold made for the Accents if there is enough interest. Manifold would be made by Treadstone Performance. They have VERY high quality stuff. They are willing to make anything for me to sell exclusively if there is money fronted for the molds and such.

Things off the top of my head that i can offer/have to work with:

IC/CAI piping
Air/Air Intercoolers
Water/Air Intercoolers
Heat Exchangers
Coolant Reservoirs/Overflow tanks
Catch Cans
Half core radiators
Stainless Steel Exhaust piping
couplers
clamps
WasteGates
Turbos
Turbo Manifolds (Beta I and Beta II)
BOVs
Adjustable rising rate Fuel Pressure Regulators
Air filters
Oil cooler kits
Oil Sammich plates
Injectors
Gauges
AEM FIC
Custom built fuel/oil lines
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

o, i know i already have another thread for FIC diagrams, but include ANYTHING in here, kinda like a 'think tank' or 'idea tank' for anything that you would like from me.

even if its not something you want right away, or ever.. if its a good idea that people would benefit from the parts OR the information, lets hear it.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

also to add tongue.gif

does not have to be Hyundai specific. I know theres probably quite a few previous Hyundai owners still hanging around, interested in modding their cars.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Mine is not hyundai related. But a 3" intake for the NSRT4 that is comparable to AGP's.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

whats the best price you can get on their intake? if it seems higher than what I can do it for, I will look into it. I wont have my car much longer, but i could test fit it on mine to ensure perfect fitment.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 PM

Not sure about best price, but $230 is a lot for two pipes a cone and a few couples/clamps. If you make something that is similar for less then we good to go.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

yeah AGP is EXPENSIVE. their upgraded IC pipes are like 200$+ for both pipes, compared to half that for my replacement kit. their kit contains regular hose clamps, mine contains T-bolt..

I should be able to to the CAI for about half the cost of the AGP. I will order a couple 3" bends and some couplers and see what I can come up with.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 PM

Good stuff LMK when you have something ready.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

An Accent 1.6l kit that is as cheap and fully complete as possible would sell IMO.

Currently there are precisely zero turbo kits for the Accent that are complete. Making a downpipe is no big deal, but being left in the cold to deal with tuning all on your own has been a problem even with the overpriced Accent kits that are available.

A low PSI turbo kit might also sell, some people have run a few PSI on the Accent with no tuning at all without problems. I wanted to play with a setup like that (with a wideband and slightly larger injectors) at maybe 4 PSI and see if it stayed happy, but I haven't done it due to laziness and lack of funds. 4 PSI should be good for 20-25hp on an Accent without the associated costs of serious tuning, and could be upgraded later.

What sort of setup would be required in your opinion to run 4 PSI on an Accent?

A true CAI for the 06+ Accents would sell too, as none exist as far as I know.

What's an oil sandwich plate cost from you?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

if i could get a manufacturer to produce manifolds for the 1.6L accent, I can do the rest easily. An Entry level kit that I would be comfortable installing on my own car... Depending on how cheap I could get the manifolds for, maybe 1500-1700$ shipped for a complete kit (minus the downpipe)

I would ALWAYS run an intercooler on a turbo kit, no matter the psi, even if it is a small intercooler.

Would be similar to this kit: Entry Level RD kit but with smaller injectors and smaller intercooler. Would be able to knock off about 200$ if someone REALLY wanted to run without an intercooler.

If i was to offer a tuning solution for the Accents, I would recommend the AEM FIC, seeing how successful it has been on the RD Turbo Tibs.

If I can find a 06+ accent willing to do a test fit/mock up, I'll be able to make a CAI for them. (this goes for any car)

For 4lbs of boost, there isn't that much really needed. As i said earlier though, if it was MY car, i would still run a small intercooler, probably some injectors that were a bit bigger than stock, and maybe a cheap FPR to do some 'minor' tuning. This should be a decent way to do things for such low boost.

I would also always use a wideband, but then things get expensive for 4lbs. I know people are wanting to do things as cheap as possible, but its hard for me to recommend something I wouldn't do.

Sammich plate: ~35$ shipped, never gotten a price on one before, but probably around 35$ shipped..

they are 3-port plates with 2-plugs. Come with the fitting adapter, O-rings, plugs and plate.