This forum is to inform members about Turbosocks, and the forced induction
items they sell.
http://www.turbosocks.com

Individual parts?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib/03 Silverado
Default Individual parts?

Do you guys sell individual parts or complete kits only? I want to turbo my tib but I cant afford to buy a kit. I want to start buying piece by piece as I have the money.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I will sell stuff anyway you would like.

You can buy everything separate if you like.

Although, if you are interested in the intercooler/piping/BOV from me, i would recommend buying it all at once. Saves me AND you on the shipping (as there are alot of pieces to this system)

What are you looking at as far as a setup goes? Do you have any certain power goal? end goal? interested in fast spool or high end power?

also, another thing i would recommend, if you are actually SERIOUS about boosting.. saving away some money and buying a complete kit. Couple reasons, will end up cheaper (as you have less packages being shipped to you) less stuff laying around the house, and if you ever decide NOT to boost, you wont have to look at taking a losss and reselling pieces of a kit. Just my personal recommendation, as i have seen alot of people start putting a kit together, and then sell it off.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Why not save up and buy at once? Not like you can put a turbo on without a manifold, a bov without piping, etc...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I'm sorry....I got about 2 words into your post, and couldnt stop staring at your signature.....haha
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib/03 Silverado

i know getting a kit will be the best option, but honestly I dont have 2 grand laying around completely. So thats why I thought maybe just buying individual parts and spending a couple hundred here and there when I have it will be the best thing for me to do now.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

either way is good for me. just some recommendations.

so.. what are your goals as far as power and stuff? what are you wanting your END setup to look like? how much boost? etc?

if your wanting LOW boost, setup will cost you less than 2k. if your wanting a real nice mid-boost setup could cost you double, if your wanting HIGH boost, could cost you 5000+$