Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Where To Go To Get A Turbo Installed Properly

Old 02-04-2007, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I want a turbo. Can someone give me a recommendation on where to go to get a turbo kit installed the right way. I live in Florida, but I'm willing to travel from the East coast to about the midwest to get this done. I am looking for someone who has a good experience installing a turbo in tiburons, especially RD2's. I have a clutchmasters stage 1 clutch which will prob. need to be changed since it says can only handle bolt-ons not turbo and lightweight 7.5 fidanza flywheel, everything else is bone stock, no intake, nothing. I don't want to install the turbo and then 5 miles down the road blow the engine and be very pissed. Thanks for your ideas.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

If you want a kit get the Alpine and throw it on yourself. If you want something bigger that won't work though. I don't think you will find anyone on the East coast until you get up to Buffalo NY where Viper966 lives. wink1.gif
Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

until i move down here (florida) wink1.gif

i gotta make sure i get a place with a garage when i do come down here.

Yah even if you get it done at a shop your not guaranteed they'll be familiar with tibs or want to try. if you dont want a boat load of whp id also recomend alpine.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:51 AM

I might just scrap the turbo idea and add the venom 400 instead but i'm worried that might blow up the motor as if the turbo won't.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:32 AM

you worry to much, the beta is a very tough motor. It's not gonna blow unless you have high mileage, or a turbo the size of your head
Old 02-04-2007, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Yes the beta is a strong motor, but boost or nitrous will blow any motor high mileage or not if not done properly. Just make sure you get your turbo stuff tuned right away and then you can beat the piss out of the beta without many problems. With boost always expect there will always be little things like couplers popping off ect.

as far as who to install... that would be viper if he was willing.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Meh, I would do it for a bit of cash if I had the time, unfortunately I don't. Viper might do it if he has a bit of time, he's a busy man though.

Any performance shop should be able to do it no problem.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:50 PM

I have 104k on the motor. Actually when I put in the clutchmasters stage 1 with fidanza 7.5lbs about a month ago, I put some octane boost and 93 octane gas and drove to GA with it excited to see the performance. Anyways, about a week after that I was out of oil, I think I drove too many miles on mobil 1 synthetic, unsure of actual amount between the last oil change and my friend told me he could hear my car making a noise when he was coming out of the grocery store about 100 feet away. I checked the oil and it showed none. I went and got it changed about 5 mins later and the car was still making a metallic type sound when I drove off after the oil change. I drove home and the noise went away. Anyways after this I am worried that my engine my be damaged slightly as an effect. It kills me to think I destroyed my engine but it runs fine now except my friend was sitting in my car when I went in a convenience store and he said it is idling rough and I would have to agree it is idling a little rougher than before. I'm no mechanic I just love driving the he** outta cars and so now i'm worried that my engine life maybe compromised. So now I'm hoping to learn from the experience and when it dies replace the motor with a new one and maybe do the turbo at that time. How long do these motors last if they are properly maintained? Also, I haven't followed factory service to specs, I have done timing belt/all belts, plugs and wires at 60k and thats it. I am just happy to have found this site so I can learn about how to properly take care of the car because I am happy with it and its been completely reliable thus far.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:22 PM

that noise was your hydraulic lifters being starved of oil....as long as you dident beat it while you heard that they should be ok....my car sat for a few months when i starded it it made that noise just took it for a short drive and the loud ticking went away. as for the turbo idea be prepared it takes lots of maintanence wich you dont seem to be good at. and if you drive your car like you stole it all the time its going to break trust me wink1.gif my car has been turbo charged for almost a year now and ive actualy got to use it for a few months because i dident take my time and do the recerch.....im now in the prosess of re biulding my whole set up......so what im saying is dont jump into somthing that you might not be ready for it can be a BIG hassel but its fun if you love cars!!!!! fing02.gif