Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Whats Next?

Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

dmdicks you are trying to get an addition to your warning level, teasing about an intake manifold that way! mad.gif ban2.gif

joke.gif
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, no tease here. He's had it sitting on his mock up block for months. He's got an RD head laying around that I'm not sure he's test fitted it to yet.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So i should look into the perfect power TF-10 for tuning?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

If you want to run additional injectors (for BIG TIME power, not just bolt-ons) then the TF-10 might be good. If you are going to need timing advance, the TF-10 might be good.

If you want to use the stock NUMBER of injectors, and add or remove fuel (but no ignition advance) then consider the AEM FIC. If the FIC could do timing advance and assuming I had the $, it would probably be my choice for my car with only bolt-ons (to include headwork and cams).

If you will never, ever, ever need to show the State that you have OBDII, the MS PnP might be an option also, or one of the other standalone engine management computers.

Your options are many, and nobody but you can make the decision what you ought to do. You have to do some digging and reading on your own. Each option has been discussed in depth before. The fact that you started a thread to cover new-to-you ground which is truly old ground already well-trod makes me pessimistic about the prospect of you doing all the searching and reading you ought to do.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 PM

Yea ill do my searching on the tuning, its just nice when you get the best up to date knowledge people have to support what you find. Sometimes ill be searching find a thread that leads to nothing, or that the pictures are missing ect. But anyway i think the megasquirt may be the option ill go with just because of the money, i need to search about tuning cams a little more though, i really do appreciate all the help from you RDT guys. I want to get a new car, but since i have a decent car with low miles, why not keep it and do what i can to it until i have to money to buy a new car...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

As I mentioned to a co-worker the other day, if you start with one of these cars and spend the same amount of money as someone spends on a new stock vette, you would be leaving that vette in the dust AND you would know exactly how it worked b/c you did it yourself.

Lesson for everybody: if you re-arrange your Photobucket, you suck and you are hurting the cause of informing the tuners who come after you.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Totally agree^^^^ on both things haha.