Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

What does HA think about this turbo for a Beta II

Old 12-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Elantra
Default What does HA think about this turbo for a Beta II

http://www.agpturbo.com/precision-5862-cea/

Precision 5862 CEA

HP Rating: 640

Now equipped with Precision's exclusive CEAŽ turbine wheel, the PT5862 utilizes the most revolutionary design available on the market and will help boost your car's performance to keep you miles ahead of the competition. Secure your place in the winner’s circle with a new CEAŽ-equipped turbo from PTE!

Turbo Features:

Exclusive CEAŽ (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging

Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance

58mm inducer compressor wheel

"Ported S" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/2.5" outlet

Exclusive CEAŽ (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) 62mm, 76 trim turbine wheel

Available with either a Hydrodynamic 360° thrust bearing system or an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)

Im thinking it would spool up around 2K and be pretty decent until around 5K, right? Or would the 5858 be better?

http://www.agpturbo.com/precision-pt5858sp-cea/
Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

you wont have that spooled by 2Krpm, I have a GT3076r and it doesnt start making boost in its efficient range until around 3K. The Precision turbo line is nice especially with the new billet wheels but unless you think your final power goal will be around the 600hp range it would be advised to go with something a little smaller.

The S-Cover will have an effect on how boost is made compared to say an E-Cover, the surge porting is nice but if a compressor and turbine are matched properly there shouldnt be any surging.

Just my .02