Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Vortech FMU size?

Old 05-20-2004, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, might be able to answer this question.

I'm going to get t3 turbo and will be running 7-8psi on it. What size of FMU should I get? Some people say that 12:1 is too much, but doesn't basic kit come with 12:1 vortech FMU?
Another question regarding FMU. Should I do anything with stock FPR? I was told that some kind of trick would have to be done because when FPR will see boost it will lock down or something.

I also have an option of Super FMU, I want to get used one. Any comments would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:03 AM

Thanks a lot Tim smile.gif I really appreciate your help smile.gif

So what pressure shoud I be running at idle? 43psi? and then how should the pressure be increased when the boost will aprear?

Also, regarding the regural FMU, 12:1 will not make me run too rich, will it? Or should I get 8:1 or 10:1? And will anything have to be done to the stock FPR?

thanks a lot!
Old 07-10-2004, 11:18 PM

12:1 vortech fmu...it'll boost up your fuel pressure by 12 for every 1 psi of boost. Don't need an adjustable FPR. Leave the idle psi where it is...the fmu will take care of the rest when under boost conditions...it's the easiest and cheapest way to do it...and it's safe.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:09 AM

I went with Cartech adjustable FMU. 12:1 is way too much and your car will be running super rich while boosted! and if you go for more than 5 psi your injectors will be workin at extreme condtions and might fail smile.gif