Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

ultimate turbo set up

Old 12-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: rear disks

whenever my car was inspected, they just put the sniffer behind the muffler to check for dirty air... thats it.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: ultimate turbo set up

A guy I know has the same problem, if you want to tell your insurance company I think that's all they need. At least the DMV, to change your VIN # to correspond with the standalone.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Official Lindsay Lohan Thread

ok so you cant pass inspection with a haltech and all you do is call insurance company and they will get you vin so you can pass inspection with a standalone also what about like a straight pipe will that have to be removed
Old 12-16-2004, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Simoni Racing Aftermarket Steering Wheel - Where to find

All this emissions crap is based on what your state does. Basically where I live in rural Virginia, if I had to get my car inspected (My Dad is an inspector laugh.gif ) they just take your car, start it, and if it looks clean they let you go. If you live in California, if you even remove a catalytic converter your screwed.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: North East Meet DECEMBER 19TH

This is why i am proud to be a canadian. Emissions, what the hell is that...lol The only way u get inspected, is if a cop pulls u over, and decides ur too low, or what not, then u get a date with the inspection, in which u have about a month, to get ur sh!t together. So it is all good all the time laugh.gif
Old 12-16-2004, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: North East Meet DECEMBER 19TH

HA! You obviously don't live in Ontario. Believe me, it'll come out your way. It's a huge cash cow for the government.

Anyway with the standalone thing, that's just me thinking. If you change your insurance to reflect that you have a customized car (MORE INSURANCE I'M SURE) then you "might" be okay. I don't really know anyway around it for sure.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Avatars, Avatars, Avatars!!!***UPDATED 56K WARNING***

Silver, that is why WEST COAST is the best. Anyway, i dont think that insurance will go up. Atleast with ICBC, (insurace company of british columbia) My friend dropped a turbo into his car, told them, and they said that is great. No extra charges, JUST keep your recipts so u can get the money out of what u put into it.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Avatars, Avatars, Avatars!!!***UPDATED 56K WARNING***

I've never heard of VIN# changing and such, but some insurance agencies offer modification insurance. Normally when you crash, you get nothing if you, per se, break your cold air intake. The insurance company comes and values your modifications, and they set a price to insure that seperately. I believe like another 30 bucks a month if its minimally modded (ex. intake, header, exhaust). Which isn't too bad. I think this can also apply to amps, subs, etc.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: F/S OZ-Flow BBTBs and Phenolic spacers

Okay guys, cut out with the off topic crap.