Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Twin Turbo Zet - *updated*

Old 06-21-2002, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo Zet - *updated*

Ok, for those of you that dont know, I ordered a device that hooks up to your intake called a Twin Turbo Zet from Bohwa trading, located in Korea. This device makes the following claims

1.) Increases Engine Acceleration power up to 30%
2.) Fuel Savings up to 30%
3.) Reduces Engine Noise and Vibrations
4.) Longer Engine Life
5.) Maintenance Free

Ok, so I hooked it up once last week half assed and I dont want to post the results untill I know that I hooked it up correctly. So this is where I turn to you guys, here are the instructions that were given to me including some pics.

Pretty much the only trouble im having is understanding the Korean - English Translation but also this...

1.) Interface Gain Control
a. Am I supposed to remove the springs and also the return spring of the accelerator pedal?
b. Whats the purpose of this?
c. In the picture, what does "Please control to the return spring of a valve mean"?
d. Exactly how should I connect it?

2.) Wiring instructions (I think I handeled this with precision but just checking )
a. Where exactly am I supposed to connect it
b. Exactly how should I connect it

3.) Why is there such a big emphasis on idle RPM?

Anyways, here are the instructions that came with the turbo zet, also some pics that I took of my engine and the company pinpointed what I should do.

----------------------------------------------

*** Interface Gain Control; Please action perfect!
With TURBO Zet, you can easily control interface gain from Return Spring of the Throttle Body or Accelerator Pedal that you may have to get more acceleration power.
1) Please takes off Return Spring of the Accelerator absolutely. BMW525 already doesn’t have to return spring of ACCELRATOR PEDAL.
2) Other way, Please loosen tension Return Spring of the Throttle (diesel: fuel pump).
If THROTTLE BODY (diesel: fuel pump) had 2 or 3 springs, then take off 1 spring.
If only one spring, then loosen tension by release 1/4 circular arc.
BMW525 already had to adjust position release in tension Return Spring of the Throttle.
Economic control is 1) only. Performance control is 1) and 2).
This is final, but it is very important. (See picture)
à Best way is to do that after install TURBO Zet and test one by one with spring-off.
Very important *** Be careful at control: You must keep to the idle rpm of engine.***

Why does to control interface gain from Return Spring of the Throttle Body or Accelerator Pedal?
1. Because Return Spring is function looks like keyboard of the computer.
Then Return Spring’ control is order to the microprocessor of the TURBO Zet.
2. It’s effect looks like part Throttle Return Check or Throttle Opener in carburetor engine.
It’s delay to close Throttle Valve at moment. So perfect burn to already injection fuel.
3. BMW525 already had to adjust position release in tension Return Spring of the Throttle. There are make design to diameter over 100mm in intake air hose.
General public, its amount 65mm diameter in intake air hose.
4. WARNING! If its to be control without TURBO Zet, your engine is to destroy and no power. Because its make sootier smoke in further.

------------------------------

3. Wiring Connection; Please action perfect!
Connect wire and check, it is correct like follow.
1) One wire to AC+DC 12volt (same PP 300volt) of ignition coil input (diesel: fuel pump s/w key) line and another to body ground.
2) Must be careful in wiring ignition coil, if it is connected to wrong wire like (-) line or signal line, Turbo Zet microprocessor would be broken and hunting of the idle RPM.
3) Also do not place Turbo Zet wire near to high voltage cable like ignition spark cable or ignition coil. Over min. 1 Cm is allowed.

----------------------------------

5. TEST
After installation, Turn on key switch to "ON", then can hear impeller rotating, then microprocessor is working correctly, and Wait about 30 second in order to register new data into microprocessor memory only first time.
Then you can get final performance.

-----------------------------------

2. Installation position

1. Cut the air hose between Air cleaner (With Airflow sensor) and throttle body, and insert TURBO Zet, and clamp with band. (See picture " 8 ")
2. If necessary, please use other kind hose for fitting (Every car has different hose).
3. If you cannot install at hose between filter and surge tank, because of round hose or square hose, please install before filter (for ex. Carburetor).
It does not decrease efficiency.
4. If space is not enough, then you can cut the outlet pipe of TURBO Zet little bit.
5. If necessary, you can modify hose or some other fitting.

|| AIR DIRECTION ||
1) EFI Engine; Air cleaner--Mass airflow sensor-Idle speed air hose-- Turbo Zet location---Bypass head cover hose-Throttle body. (Result: position of the most near to Throttle valve)

--------------------------------

※ 3 kind of method, How to adjust return spring
Anyway, after install Turbo Zet
1. Reduce emission & save fuel, but not response: (Smog testing)
Must not adjust return spring, No touch please!
2. Reduce emission & save fuel & performance: (Sale tuning for economic)
Adjust only one return spring at throat valve or accelerator.
3. Only best performance response: (Sale tuning for power only)
Adjust two position return springs at throttle valve or accelerator.
***** Be careful at control:// please KEEP to the idle rpm*****
BMW525 already had to adjust release position in tension Return Spring of the Throttle.

------------------------------------

Old 06-21-2002, 02:01 AM

Yea, im double posting, but thanks in advanced guys
Old 06-21-2002, 02:35 AM

they saw you coming... u just overpaid for 2 computer fans... i coulda built you that exact same setup for 35 bux @ compusa
Old 06-21-2002, 02:37 AM

That translation reads a lot like "all your base are belong to us" smile.gif

ac
Old 06-21-2002, 03:14 AM

ALL YOUR TURBO ZET ARE BELONG TO US. HAVE A NICE DAY!
Old 06-21-2002, 03:19 AM

before red comes in here and rips turbo zet a new asshole,... can someone help him? He knows hes going to get ripped,... but before this goes off topic someone help him please. I would but im almost a sleep at work. smile.gif
Old 06-21-2002, 03:29 AM

JAWS 021:
before red comes in here and rips turbo zet a new asshole,... can someone help him? He knows hes going to get ripped,... but before this goes off topic someone help him please. I would but im almost a sleep at work. smile.gif
Yea seriously guys, I thought I was the biggest dick when it came to useless and unhelpful post whoring, but I stand corrected.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:53 AM

I think what the instructions are try to say.. Is that it needs to read the sparktimming to run the "Computer chip"

Thus the reason to connect to the coils..

Other then that it prolly gets the power from that.. I dunno I really don't. I mean its two fans that have springs? I do not get the whole spring thing... I mean on or off. Unless its trying to pretend that it has wastegate acutature. LOL
Old 06-21-2002, 04:24 AM

It sounds like the device can also act as a kinda cruise control. That's why it needs either no return spring pressure or lighter pressure. I don't know why you'd want this, or how it interfaces with it, but oh well.

As for wiring, it seems to sense engine RPM by reading the signal to the ignition coils. So it needs to be wired there.

Tibbies have a double spring for returning the TB to the closed position. I guess you could take half off and get a lighter TB, but again, I don't know why you would do this. I'd also be afraid of run-away RPMs if the device malfunctioned and didn't close the throttle plate. I don't know the exact layout of the Woo, so I can't say.

good luck,
ac

"what you say?"
"somebody sent us up the bomb"
Old 06-21-2002, 04:44 AM

well, from what I could undersand from that, its conning you into adjusting your accelerator cable, which would open the TB faster making it feel more responsive.