Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo'ing My Scoupe With Beta Engine

Old 11-01-2006, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1993/gt turbo/scoupe

hey guys

ive got a 2.0l engine to be placed in my scoupe. im gonna turbocharge it to get about 250hp max!

ive done a lot of research on it and im not using some kind of kit. like sharkracing provides.

but doing it like i think it should be done.

im gonna let it balanced, that means my flywheel, crank, rods, pistons, and pressure plate.

the flywheel is gonna be lighter and the standard pressure plate is gonna be made heavier and "sintert"

dont know how its called in english, but it means they special coat it, and you cant burn it anymore... unless ofcourse you slip it all the time.

but now the real thing i cant figure out, the company with which i do all this told me that the 2.0l rods are to long and that i need shorter conrods.

sharkracing uses in there stage3 kit 1.8l rods and pistons, i know cause ive emailed them about three times.

now im not using those pistons but wiseco pistons, but what i now want to now is if anyone knows that here.

are the 1.8 and 2.0 rods the same? but only different in length?

cause if so i only have to get 1.8l rods to get shorter rods, and get a saver low c/r. only with the pistons ill around 9:1.

so if anyone could give me specs on both rods it would be much appreciated.

also does anyone know a place where they sell piston oil squirters? goes i havent found any yet.

well this is it as of now wink1.gif
Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

For 250hp, I wouldn't bother with any of that. Just take the stock block and install the Wiseco pistons. The motor will be safe with that setup and easily get you 250hp. I'm running 270hp on a completely stock block.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 PM

ive emailed an company and ask about the differents. and the only differents are the length.
so ive got my answer now.

the company which is gonna help me told me that its better to use other rods, cause the stock 2.0l rods are to long. and shorter rods are better for higher boost.
he explained it more detailed to me though lol but cant remember all of it. so ill leave that behind.

i said i would go for 250hp, but my goal was about 280 to 300hp. but im still not really sure if i must do that or not. maybe thats just a bit to much.

but if i do, i really need shorter rods, cause then the c/r lowers to about 7.8:1 if im right. which would be better for the engine. no knocking, lower temp.

im gonna replace the rods eitherway. also if i stay stock, im rebuilding it so why not doing it good. the only part ill keep is the crank. and shorter rods and stocks are the same price.

ill go to sleep now, its hard to think and to open my eyes.. sorry

goodnight
Old 11-06-2006, 06:18 PM

ok ive got the prices for the parts i wanted for my engine, and WTF its almost twice the price if i get it shipped and all 02.gif like rods, in the usa they cost $699 , 550,70 euro for me.

shipped, 865,08 euro which is $1.098,05.... aargh i hate the customs authorities and everyone else that ask money for shipping things in.. thats so not honest 02.gif

but ok, i think ill will use the stock 1.8 rods then, i wanted to use pauter rods but its just to expansive.

but do the 1.8 really handle 400hp? cause thats what they say at sharkracing..
Old 11-06-2006, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Stock rods in both the 1.8 and 2.0 handle 400hp. Thats why we said you don't need rods.

7.8:1 compression ratio is way too low and unnecessary for the power your looking for.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned

ok, get the stock rods shot peened, they will be able to hold alot more power, probably like 40-50% more.. and get the weisco pistons in 8.5:1 CR or w/e ones are cheaper around you.. cast pistons will do fine..
Old 11-07-2006, 05:09 AM

7.8:1 compression ratio is way too low and unnecessary for the power your looking for.

well im not really sure it will be 7.8 though.

ive emailed sharkracing a while ago asking what they use in the stage 3 kit. and they told me they use 1.8 rods and 1.8 forged pistons and that it would lower to 7.8:1.

so im not sure if i use those rods with wiseco 2.0l pistons, really goes to 7.8:1.

if the pin sits higher then it would be lower, and if it sits lower then it would be higher.

but i dont know how to calculate that unfortunatly, so if anyone knows how? your welcome fing02.gif

and get the weisco pistons in 8.5:1 CR or w/e ones are cheaper around you

i only cant figure out what you mean with w/e ones tongue.gif

also another thing.

what if i used the 1.8 crank in the 2.0 bay? will that be better for the engine?

or will lower the c/r then even much more then 7.8?

the rev is gonna be raised to, i think stock is 7000 rpm? and it will be 8000 to 8500 rpm. and the 2.0l rods are to long to handle that. and i dont want to spend a lot of money to spend a lot of money again because something broke.

but it there anyone onhere that uses 1.8 crank at stuff? if so i would liek to know who it is.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

have a look a this link http://www.seoulfulracing.net/forum/viewto...f349b7c4d6c1726

he is using the 1.8l rod and the 1.8 piston for 8.1 of cr he say that there is alot of tib in coree using the stock 1.8l rod and piston in the 2l motor and they are good for 450whp to 500whp