Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbocharger...finally

Old 08-27-2001, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbocharger...finally

Welp...I'm picking up my Alpine turbo kit from the airport tommorow after work. They *finally* got everything squared away and shipped out.

I'll let everyone know what comes with the kit et al. Hopefully they've added any missing hoses and hardware that they didn't include with Random's kit. 26 hours... More later smile.gif
Old 08-27-2001, 07:47 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Good deal Skilspeed. Keep us informed I know I sure would like to know what is included.
Old 08-27-2001, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Skillspeed-

Cool, congrats dude. I'll send you a PM with my contact info if you need to get ahold of me.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:00 AM

Will do! Thanks Random...also, my swaybars will be here by friday. May need some help there too wink.gif First I'll check FXtreme though.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:29 AM

I am so jealous... Too bad I have to wait four years for my warranty to run out before I can follow your lead.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Slipstream. To quote corky bell from his "maximum boost" book.

if one breaks his turbo engine, it is not going to be paid for by anyone's factory warrany-exactly the same situation as waiting until the factory warranty expires and then adding the turbo. Which means that waiting out the factory warranty before installing a turbo accomplishes nothing except insuring that the mechanism is one half used up pre-turbo. Furthermore, it eliminates the fun of ever owning a nice new automobile with enhanced power. It is rare for any modern automobile to have an engine/drivetrain problem within the warranty duration. Those problems that do appear are generally minor and will likely cost under a hundred dollars. To preserve the warranty for many thousands of miles to avoid a possible hundred dollar component failure rather than enjoying the extra performance seems to be the poorer choice. To assuage your concerns, call the car marker's regional office and discuss with a service rep the areas of the drivetrain that have been a warranty problem.

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 08-27-2001, 02:08 PM

Me too. My Alpine kit will be sent this Friday or next Monday . I can't wait!! I too will be watching to see what comes with your kit. I ordered all my gauges, gauge pod, thermo tec heatwrap, and cylinder head gasket today. Hopefully that will be all I need. All should be installed before NOPI! Keep us posted HondaEater
Old 08-28-2001, 03:33 AM

I just want to go on record as to say that I am jealous and I am very p'ed off. Now that thats out of the way. Congrads on the new turbos!. I have to wait until next year, but it will be done! smile.gif

Look out hondas!
Turbo Tibbys are in your future!!
Old 08-28-2001, 10:17 AM

I also would like to monitor the forum for your results. I would buy a turbo or CS but my funds are needed elsewhere. Congrats. smile.gif
Old 08-28-2001, 02:37 PM

Got it! I had to go to the British Airways Cargo warehouse near the airport and pick it up. They said it would be ready for me by 4pm. Got there at 4:30...they said not until 7pm would it be ready. Then he "miraculoulsy" found it 5 minutes later. Had to go to US Customs office then half hour away..pay a $50 duty...fill out paperwork. 3 hours later I picked it up. The box is 3ft by 2ft by 1.5ft approx. Weighs 50lbs. I'll have more pics and info tommorow cuz I be beat.

Big Box O' Fun smile.gif

Bird approved Intercooler

Hope the images don't take to long for modem users..night.

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: skilspeed ]