Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Tiburon 2.0

Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe
Default Turbo Tiburon 2.0

Hey what's up ?

For a long time I was thinking what will be my next step...buy a new car, buy used turbo car or boost mine ! My car came a long way. Bought it 5 years ago bone stock. After that I slowly start to tune it N/A. Next step was Nitrous Express wet kit. I thought that will be it , but some members of this forum should be ashamed and take responsibility

After test driving the Gen Coupe 210hp and Veloster 140hp I made my decision and it's to boost my tib

All you guys who already done that, what will be your advice for me? Boost it on stock motor or build the motor ? The car is daily driver and I'm not looking for some crazy numbers! Something around 300hp will be more than perfect

I don't want to buy ebay kit, but I'm also not willing to spent a lot of $$$.

What parts u'll suggest ? I think I can use some from my nitrous setup like the ceramic clutch, but not sure if I can use my Apexi Neo. What will work best ? Smt-6 , Aem fic...?

I'll be more than happy if some of you is willing to share his knowledge
Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

AEM FIC, Stock motor, Turbosocks turbokit!

Run 12lbs enjoy!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned

Happy to see ur post here

What about fuel pump, injectors, regulator ? I'm using fuel pump from Eclipse Turbo and everything else is stock right now. It's interesting that when it wasn't tuned with the Neo my car was hitting AFR 10's right after 4500rpm ?!?

What to expect from turbosocks turbokit on 12 lbs ? Around 230-240hp ?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

300 hp in a tib IS crazy !!, unless you build your motor,it will not be a daily 300 hp daily driver.. If you want reliability go for 220 on opened, its cheaper and safer... I can daily drive mine above 300hp daily because I'm super confident she'll handle it all day.. but there is always issues and probs with turbo builds.. Just sayin, if you really want to do this, be well prepared.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Eclipse fuel pump will work fine, also rock Turbosocks Rrfpr and get 450cc or 500ccish injectors and your set. That setup should net you 250 whp on a pretty reliable tune.

Also our Cars, Hyundais in general come from the factory rich as f*ck!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Banned

I was hoping guys like you to show me the right path I admire your hard work and both cars are f*cking sick !!!

Regit as for 300hp I said that around 300hp is MORE than perfect And I see Turboron is talking about 250whp being reliable.

What about the gearbox? If you think there are something I need to know, please tell me If there are some tricky parts...I know it's not a walk in the park, but still there should be some shitty situations

My plan is to collect as much info as I can, buy the parts till May and start boostin' it
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Clutch just pick up an ACT 6 PUCK, there isnt much else to use unless you drop the money to convert to a push style convertion and run a clutch for a early 2l NON TURBO talon which there are TONS of choices that way just have to pay to play that route.

Also to save your trans dont beat on it, no need to launch from a stop all the time, and keep banging gears to a minimum. Give the trans synchros time to do there job. Also use SYNCHROMESH oil ONLY. REDLINE is good, but I IMO Love synchromesh. Keeps grinding down and shifting effortless.

Trans if you can out there find a beta 2 out of an early Fx Rd or Elantra with the beta2. Those trans have a minorly longer 5th gear which is fun on the highway and better cuise RPMS.

Also I drove 290ish Hp on a stock block unopened for a long time. Just respect it, no need to beat it all the time, save the tap to despense on people of needing like Audis and what ever douche bags driver over there... here its mainly Gencoupes!!! Lol
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Use GL4. Do not use synchromesh. If synchromesh were suitable Hyundai would have specified it. If it were compatible it would say GL4 on the bottle.

Synchromesh is not the proper juice for this box, and will lead to increased synchronizer wear rates.

Then again, if GL4 Redline does not smooth out your transaxle, it is already on its last leg so go ahead and speed its demise by using synchromesh!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Turboron, I got it That's what I was thinking, will it handle more power if I treat her nice I'll use my clutch at the beginning for tuning and so on. After that I'll go with ACT. I'm pretty sure there is no synchromesh here so I'll buy Redline MT90.

Good to know about the beta 2 trany

Very soon I'll start buying the parts one by one so I'll need your help AGAIN
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 PM

I ran synchromesh for 3years on the SAME tranny. I didnt see any points of wear that were abnormal. Leave it to stocker to talk sh*t. Lol

Also ran 20-50 engine oil in there but my diff would not lock, synchromesh worked the best for me.