Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

TURBO SWAP?

Old 06-23-2001, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO SWAP?

I need your help guys! i was thinking about boosting my car turbo/supercharger or nos, the easyest way for me over here would be to go with the nos, because it is available over here but in order to force induct it, i need to order from over seas but the krona, the Icelandic currency has dropped quite severly, which makes it very expensive for me to order things from over seas, so i was thinking can i take a turbo/intercooler package from a car over here letīs say for instance MMC ECLIPSE and mate it to my motor. Any idea on the subject and which would be the best car to get the turbo/intercooler package from? PEACE!!!
Old 06-24-2001, 01:57 AM

what size turbocharger is on that Eclipse? well anyways just find a machine shop to fabricate you a turbo manifold, find a shop to make some custom piping, buy an AFC. fuel pump from the eclipse, or 3gen rx and fuel injectors maybe 550cc, BOV, turbo timer and boost controller. oil lines and intercooler from a starion(if they have them over there) if not just get a nice front mount one. install and run below 6psi on stock interals. anything above 6psi will have to upgrade stock interals.
check out ebay for used things you get them cheaper.
Old 06-24-2001, 03:07 AM

thanks alot "tone". when you put it like that it looks like it would be cheaper to just order from Alpine
Old 06-24-2001, 06:14 AM

I just have to say that YES, it would be cheaper to order from Alpine. I just ordered their turbo a few days ago and for 1900 with intercooler and full piping its a hella deal. You can run up to 13psi on stock internals as Mario has found out but any higher would require forged pistons, rods, etc.

BTW, has anyone noticed the amount of Turbo/SC questions since "The Fast and The Furious" came out?? lol

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: skilspeed ]
Old 06-24-2001, 06:40 AM

Originally posted by skilspeed:
I just have to say that YES, it would be cheaper to order from Alpine. I just ordered their turbo a few days ago and for 1900 with intercooler and full piping its a hella deal. You can run up to 13psi on stock internals as Mario has found out but any higher would require forged pistons, rods, etc.

BTW, has anyone noticed the amount of Turbo/SC questions since "The Fast and The Furious" came out?? lol

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: skilspeed ]

There have always been a ton of turbo and S/C questions. But since Mario has his up and running more people are interested.

Alpine has a rep out in Cali doing an turbo and S/C install on 2 Tiburons. Both Tib owners are from the board. We hope that Alpine will have a US connection which will make it easier for all of us that want one to get one.
Old 06-24-2001, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Gappi

Being in Iceland does limit your options considerably. You Should be able to pull your motor and mount in a motor from a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Turbo and all.

If you check with any junkyard in your area. look for an Eclipse, or other car that uses that engine...that was hit from the rear and totalled. Then the motor should still hopefully be salvagable.

With luck...you should be able to complete that swap for under $2000 if you are lucky. If you are unlucky...and the junkyard knows what you have in mind...they will probably charge you $1500-$2000 for just the engine!