Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo questions

Old 08-31-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My new Headlight side project.

I was going to do a custom turbo set up but decided I didn't want to take the time so I'll be just ordering one in Feb. How do you feel about the Alpine turbo kit. Any feedback or any suggestions on a different kit would be great. Thanks.

Mike
Old 08-31-2004, 12:25 PM

Default gk shift knob on rd

uhmm alpine sucks.. do a search on why i think it sucks.. i've said it too many times.. get a speed-factor kit if you want to get a kit

ok i decided to answer this question one more time.....

The intercooler is too small, the turbo is too small, the unichip (its fuel management piggyback) sucks, because its expensive to tune and ONLY a unichip dealer can tune it. So if you dont live near one then you are screwed. Instead of giving you 4 new larger injectors they give you a 5th injector you have to install as a workaround. Basically if your goal is 220whp then fine. It will work. But anything beyond that it wont work. The unichip also cant compensate for previous or futurs mods such as a BBTB or a BIM or Air Ram Intake. Thats my opinion. I'ev already talked several people OUT of buying this crap kit and will continue to try to do so until they
a. lower the price
or
b. give you better fuel management, and a bigger intercooler, and 4 larger injectors.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

Dweet knows his stuff, the Alpine kit is like putting a rocket motor on a pinewood derby car.

Dangerous, but still fun.

Get the Speed Factor kit mang.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

I've tried looking for the speed factor kit and for some reason i can't find it. Only individual parts. If I'm just being an idiot please let me know where I'm not looking.

Mike
Old 09-01-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Amplifier recomendation

i have the alpine kit.... i agree that the intercooler is too small, but i feel that the turbo is fine for what the kit is.... then agian, im not trying to smoke every car out there....

the unichip is terrible.... i am currently having an air/fuel ratio problem and feel it is due to this unichip....

it is great, when it works properly, which is seldom.... it has not been worth the many headaches....

if your patient and dont care about smoking every car out there, go alpine.... however, if you want better performance and better fuel managment, go speed factor.... if i had to do it over agian, i would have gone speed factor
Old 09-01-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Never thought I'd say this... CEL went off- wanna' know

QUOTE (tiburoncruiser)
i have the alpine kit.... i agree that the intercooler is too small, but i feel that the turbo is fine for what the kit is.... then agian, im not trying to smoke every car out there....

the unichip is terrible.... i am currently having an air/fuel ratio problem and feel it is due to this unichip....

it is great, when it works properly, which is seldom.... it has not been worth the many headaches....

if your patient and dont care about smoking every car out there, go alpine.... however, if you want better performance and better fuel managment, go speed factor.... if i had to do it over agian, i would have gone speed factor

but if you compare the two kits which are very close in price.
the speed-factor is the bigger bang for the buck!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Got my first kill in the elantra

dweet, what other parts will i have to buy if i purchase the speed factor kit? right now the car is stock. hopefully by then i'll have my cai and exhaust. if not than i'll be getting them at the same time.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:55 AM

Default Custom Sub Box

Tim he will need 1 other item... Maximum Boost by Corky Bell... get it... A custom turbo setup isnt something you want to do without knowing how the system works