Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo question

Old 03-02-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a turbo from a '97 Eclipse 2.0 Turbo is there anything i need to buy along with it to make it work in my car.... i have a '99 2.0L Tiburon GT... what else do i need besides the turbo itself????

EDIT FOR DOUBLE POST BY REDZ: Don't double post man, use the EDIT button to add more to your last post.

also how much power would i get out of a setup like that??? i already have cat-back exhaust, AEM cold air intake, and performance plugs....

im just curious if it is worth it at all
Old 03-02-2004, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Turbo question

first, there is no tib gt.

obviously, use the exhuast manifold out of the car also, or scoop one up off of ebay made by ssautochrome. do a search for "tiburon manifold"

i think you have to remove something to get it to fit though. and also, if you get the eclipse manifold, you will need to widen the bolt holes to make the manifold fit. search through this a bit.
http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/searc...=1&search=79271
Old 03-02-2004, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Second, don't double post.

Search about turbos here and Hyundaiaftermarket.com , you'll find all your questions answered.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:06 PM

how much do Mitsu manifolds run? i dont really care about A/C because i have a sunroof, but how will i be affected by the loss of power steering?????
Old 03-02-2004, 07:09 PM

i dont knwo how much.

guessing anywhere from 40-150 at a junkyard. just get the ssautochrome one.

driving without power steering is not REAL bad. just a little hard to cruise around at low speeds in parking lots and such. itll be a good work out though.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:20 PM

Default tib stuff, 4-1 headers and misc stuff for sale! more added!!

so basically all i need is the manifold and the Turbo... or is there anything else i need.... all im looking to do is boost myself over the 200 horse mark so i can WREAK havoc upon the local Integra population
Old 03-02-2004, 07:29 PM

buddy, ya gotta search a lot.

obviously, you will need piping and oil lines and a lot more to break 200.

downpipe
manifold
turbo
for 200hp, id get an intercooler...so IC
piping from compressor housing to intercooler and then from intercooler to throttle body
prolly need something to tune it too.

check in speed factor's forum on www.hyundaiaftermarket.com. email tim and talk to him, maybe just buy a kit from him...it would be easier if you are new to turbos and dont know what you're doing.

oh yeah,

oil lines, wastegate(are the mitsu turbos internally gated?), maybe BOV too.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:47 PM

ok i am really new i will definitely admit that.... the Eclipse turbos are internally gated... i have the actual turbo itself so far... i just need to know what else im gonna need... i can get a manifold for like $25 out of a Turbo Talon... which WILL fit my car (i looked into it) also i wont necessarily lose power steering, my mechanic friend says he can save it.... but for the bare minimum.... all i want to do is not kill my car... keep it nice and strong, just with some more go...

ok so here i go with what i should need so far
1) Turbo unit (obviously)
2) Manifold
3) Oil lines
4) Intercooler.... can i get away without one? i have a cold air intake on it already...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:51 PM

Default CLEARS!!!

yes email.. tim and get the turbo kit from him... but first off get your butt in a barnes and noble and buy the book maximum boost.... big help in that book.. read up then come back and chat.. read, search, read and search... but then go to tim at www.speed-factor.com for your turbo kit.. it is the best out there for the buck..
Old 03-02-2004, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (TibOne)
4) Intercooler.... can i get away without one? i have a cold air intake on it already...

No offence man, but really, do a LOT of searching and a LOT of reading man, this line alone is enough to show you need to R E A D about the turbo process for our cars.