Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo petition

Old 06-14-2002, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, create your own ideas, Mechanix.....
Old 06-14-2002, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Hey Mechanix, u got somethin against Muslims?
Old 06-14-2002, 08:44 PM

lantraluvr:
Hey Mechanix, u got somethin against Muslims?
Jihad meaning HOLY WAR. rolleyes.gif

Don't be trying to start some sh!t.

He didn't say anything about not liking Muslims.

BTW, can I get a sausage, egg and cheese sammich?
Old 06-14-2002, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Nah man I got nothing against Muslims, I change oil for plenty of them and hang out with more malay ppl than I change oil for. get the idea?

If in case you're wondering, yeah I have to eat at Halal resterauants a lot because there's not only chinese and indians in my little posse, if you count out the others like caucasian and afrikaan, we're about 30% Muslims. What it translates to: We get the ENTIRE top deck of the double decker bus

I don't know what a Muslim guy or gal is like where you guys are, but here's what most of the guys I hang with are like.

Average age: 23
Average transport: Dirtbikes(Yamaha YZ125/YZ250,DT-WR )Sport bike( Suzuki Hayabusa, Ducati Monster/Planet, Agusta MV,)Cars( Honda Accords, Nissan Cefifo, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Tiburon, Subaru Impreza GLs) and the public bus and trains.
Jobs include: WebTechs, other mechanics, Storekeepers,self-employed businessmen(for the older guys)Most are teachers and the rest are still students. So far the newest guy we met is a regular in the local armed forces, Commando unit.
Family:Usually 2-3 generations under 1 roof, parents, the current generation, and the next generation(their kids)usually the famalies here stop at 2 kids, the guys have about 2-4 depending on their job.
Weekends: Most of the guys are bike racers, either MX or circuit, they don't race here, they go over to malaysia to do their thing. If nothing's up, Saturday night's when we go catch a show or just bum around, or take the long drive up to Kuala Lumpur, grab a little coffee and head back.

That about sums it up for a young muslim here, I been hanging with a lot of these guys since sec. school(early high skool for you guys) and guess that makes it about 12 years we been friends.

So many different ppl, so many different opinions, but one thing stays the same...they all said that Osama is nuts. AND they're Muslim. AND they don't take stuff that doesnt matter seriously.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:15 PM

I doubt it will matter. I doubt Hyundai really cares as much about performance. They had every opportunity to match or better the Celica GT-S, RSX-S with the Tiburon, I think the only Hyundai on the market where they are out performing is with the Elantra.

If they do make a turbo Tiburon, it would probally be 150-170hp TOPS.

Hyundai is behind in technology, innovation, and spend their money not on engineering new ways of increasing power, but re-designing the exterior appearance every 2-3 years. Hence why 'Martha Stewart' has so many shares in Hyundai. wink

Also, Hyundai competes directly with manufactures by offering a similar product for a lower price. So, what cars in the XG class, Tiburon class, Sonata class, Elantra class, and Accent class come in a turbo? Remember a Golf GTI 1.8T isn't considered to be any one of those classes cause of price or category, same with the WRX, Lancer EVO VI, although the new Protege and Neon would be with the Elantra (hence we see testing of the turbo Elantra in Australia but again your only going to be looking at 150-170hp).

I think you would be better off asking for a variable valve timing system before you see a turbo again.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:57 AM

Hyundai was petitioned here in Korea. Also they asked for feedback prior to developing and marketing the new Tiburon.

The requests from tuners, magazine and readers were... rear wheel drve, either turbo or finally make it a VTEC... like the Beta was originally designed for.

You see how much they listened to us.
Well, atleast they made the 6 speed.
Old 06-15-2002, 01:56 AM

making any of there cars turbo would be great but if they do it to any of them it will be the new ones 2003-up i have talked with somebody that works with hyundai about stuff like this and he/she told me that your best bet would be to buy the 03 tib gt and also said that hyundai plans on making HEADERS for the gt and SUPER CHARGER for starters who knows whats next but it would sweet to have them make a turbo because than when something went wrong it would still be under waranity because its there product
Old 06-15-2002, 02:05 AM

Hyundai is right for not putting in a factory turbo, if it comes with one doesn't that take the fun out of custom (tuning) work.

What about going All Motor ?
rolleyes.gif
Old 06-15-2002, 02:14 AM

I would imagine that they would offer turbo and non Turbo versions.

Tiburon TT wink
Old 06-17-2002, 09:30 PM

*BUMP*

Up to 81 guys...