Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

turbo maintenance???

Old 10-09-2004, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boost question...

Hey everyone, im thinking about getting the Extreme turbo kit from speed-factor.com and im just wondering how much work or maintenance a turbo is. some people around here seem to be telling me that it is alot of work but then again they are just my friends and who knows how much they know because they dont actually own a car that's been turboed.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:57 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Wanna see some cops being OWNED? (Well up until the end.

They are kinda right. You have to make sure you stay on top of things. Get gauges like EGT, (Exhaust Gas Temperatures) A/F Ratio, (Air/Fuel) and obviously Boost (comes with the kit), to keep an eye on things. Those are your main gauges. Other's you might need would be Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, and things like that just to monitor your engine.

This way you have an idea of what might be the problem if one occurs. You can also see an oncoming problem as well. Your EGT gauge measures gases coming from the engine. If those start to get really high then you are running rich. NO good. And if your A/F gauges is telling you the engine is running lean. That is also no good either cause there is not enough gas combining with the air and this may cause timing problems.

All in all a turbo is not that much work, it will keep you on your toes. Check out a Standalone Fuel Management System. That will make correcting problems 10 x easier.

Sorry if these are lengthy but it's 3:00am or so
Old 10-10-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Re: FS: My Car! 1998 Tiburon SE - 6800 US or 8500 CAD

ok cool thanks, after i end up getting a turbo kit im sure i'll have more questions.