Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Kit

Old 10-06-2008, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (Evo @ Oct 5 2008, 06:28 AM)
no offence, actually no, please take offence, that's the worst advice i've ever heard on a car forum. that attitude is elitist, and what bring the scene down.

lmao.gif WOW i'm sorry I was honest with you.... here let me spoon feed you and sugar coat it. Oh wait I forgot, sugar coated shit is still shit. So if you would like me to beat around the bush and be a ray of sunshine for you i can. Please let me know how you want my responses form this point foward.

Nothing against owning a hyundai, but putting hyundai and elitist in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Maybe if this were a BMW or Audi forum I would take offense or take your comment as more than just a grain of salt, but I wont. You will be what brings this scene down! Because you want it the easy way and well, getting a boosted hyundai isn't easy. When it goes sour and you don't know why, you will piss and moan and blame hyundai for your half ass attempt.(Here comes some hoprrible advice again) So once again please go buy something with and aftermarket to support your wants.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

i'm with that guy... ^^^^ lmao.gif

but seriously guys, i mentioned it enoguh, i am HERE to spoon feed you with the kit that is coming soon.. if people can't figure it out the kit if/when they buy it, they should own a bicycle or take the bus around town.

what AJ said wasn't anywhere CLOSE to bad advice on boosting/modding..

his comment (as i took it) was more like; if your too friggin lazy or just lack the mental capacity to research and figure out how to boost/mod, then you should get something mainstream like a; DSM, srt-4, EVO, audi, saab, etc. basically, go buy something that someone has already done all the R&D/work for you so you don't have to figure it out.

the worst advice would be 'why mod a hyundai, they are pieces of crap'

im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.

this comment confuses me.. im not sure if its a seriously question or not?!?!?! could be complete cluelessness, or ignorance. a few google searchs, a half hour of reading corky bell's bible, and some reading on here could answer this.

theres a big difference in driving around in a stock/slightly modded car, and driving around with a turbo car.. the reason you can drive around fine with a stock car, is cuz it was built so anyone could drive around in it, without knowledge.. lmao.gif lmao.gif

when you introduce pressure, more fuel, more heat, tuning, etc. etc. into the sytem, you have to have either someone who has already R&D a kit and figured out the quirks (and even then, still can be issues) or do a lot of reading, and researching on something that would best fit your needs/wants/drivability.

theres plenty more answers to this question, but i don't have the time to respond to everything, but for you guy/guys to get PO'd.

again, if anyone is looking for something well priced, with all the R&D done already, send me a PM. ill make a huge post once its all ready, but im looking for some interest now
Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Evo

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Oct 7 2008, 08:09 AM)
No, you are a moron because you think you are right, when you are most OBVIOUSLY not. You want the world to run by your reasoning, and it won't, so you are bitter.

BTW, do NOT quote the post above yours again.

It also doesn't matter what your needs are, read the site rules, you ask for advise, you will be given it. The OP here asked about a turbo kit, and obviously has little knowledge in the area. Were he to go buy the ebay kit and install it, he would, MOST LIKELY FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER NEW TUNERS, blow his engine or screw up his car, then sell it, and bad mouth Hyundai.
well i think i would be a moron if i went round thinking i was wrong all the time. who said im bitter? im cynical and sarcastic but certainly not bitter.

why not? something wrong with your post?

of course it matters what peoples needs are. my grandma doesnt need a 600kw firebrething v8 car, and i dont need site rules to tell me that.

QUOTE (Role Reversal @ Oct 7 2008, 09:32 AM)
Because you want it the easy way and well, getting a boosted hyundai isn't easy.
as zman pointed out, i would be a moron if i wanted to do things the hard way. f***, i go through life thinking "hmmm, is there a harder way of doing this".

why is their no easy way? i wonder if (and im speculating here) people call hyundai shit cause there is little in the way of aftermarket stuff.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay my head hurts following this thread. It's been a nice off topic trip but its time to get locked and warn people.

Evo, your stupidity boggles my mind. Don't quote the post above yours because its a SITE RULE. Maybe you should read them because you've just received a warning.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM

even if i blow the motor i'm not selling my car to get a friggin civic. i sorda plan on blowing the motor and building it the way i want. not trying to blow it but if it happens its not the end of the world. just weekend or late night at work.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Evo @ Oct 6 2008, 08:34 PM)
well i think i would be a moron if i went round thinking i was wrong all the time. who said im bitter? im cynical and sarcastic but certainly not bitter.

why not? something wrong with your post?

of course it matters what peoples needs are. my grandma doesnt need a 600kw firebrething v8 car, and i dont need site rules to tell me that.

as zman pointed out, i would be a moron if i wanted to do things the hard way. f***, i go through life thinking "hmmm, is there a harder way of doing this".

why is their no easy way? i wonder if (and im speculating here) people call hyundai shit cause there is little in the way of aftermarket stuff.

Nothing was wrong with my post, no one said anything was. Read the site rules. Don't post in this thread again, PERIOD.

No one brought up your grandma. Your grandmother isn't looking to turbocharge a car that is, at a minimum, 7 years old. Your needs don't matter if you are going to just f*** it up, you read, learn how to do stuff, and apply it, if you don't, then we have to deal with your stupidity.

zman didn't post in this thread at all, he hasn't even been on this site in months.

And yes, you are bitter.

Tibs, open a new thread with specific questions if you can't find what you are looking for.