Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Install Questions?

Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok the time has com to progress from nitrous to turbo this is what I have.
99 tiburon se stock internals
ss manifold
ihi turbo....from a probe gt
johny racecar fmic
2.5 inch tube for inter cooler and charge pipes
greddy bov
smt6
370 or 440 injectors
mallory rrfpr
zex inline booster pump
turbo xs manual boost controler

my question is should I switch to map or will the maf handle 10lbs of boost with the smt6 tricking it?
and is anyone willing to share smt6 maps on this site...for tuning refrance? www.canspeed.com has started a
smt6 tune map sharring section on its site but no hyundai stuff as of yet.

i will be running stock internals and 8lbs of boost to start and gradualy upping to 10lbs just want a good relyable daily driver with a bit more power all the time. insted of having to fill my bottle all the time...lol and also what do I do with the idel sensor thats on the fire wall behind the intake mannifold will I still need it?

thanks in advance
supa
I cant wate to boost my bad boy!!!!!!! smile.gif
Old 02-23-2006, 05:55 PM

48 looks and not an answer...wow thanks people
Old 02-23-2006, 06:14 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

what do you mean need the idle sensor? you mean the idle air actuator? you will need that to idle lol. without it and youll have to hold your foot on the pedal at ALL times just for the car to run. take your foot off for a second and the car will stall lol. just route it into the inlet pipe inbetween the MAF and the Turbo

which brings us to your next question, the maf will be fine with the smt-6. Its not like Map sensors that sense boost and throw a CEL. without the SMT-6 youll just max out the stock fueling capabilities past 6 psi i believe. With the SMT-6 altering the signal that the ecu sees youll be provided with adequate fueling but ive heard from people like viper that the ECU will figure out the signal is altered and lean out your tune, causing you to need to reset the ecu to retain your tune. The way around this is to add fueling without the ECU being able to control it, this can be accomplished by using a standalone and replacing the stock injectors with beefier ones or by keeping the stock injectors and adding fuel through an additional rail that is regulated by the smt-6. This way the ecu does not know of your alterations to the fueling (if youve tuned right)

If you have more questions id recomend PMing Denisst99, his experiance with the smt-6 is extended and is a very helpful guy.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:18 PM

thanks...I also need to know if we can fit dsm injectors with a resistor box on my car.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alex hit everything.

As for using DSM's with restrictors, really would be too much pain and just one more thing that could go wrong. I'd just keep the stockers or go slightly bigger with injectors meant for the car\ones that will work with no modification.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

our fuel system really maxes out at 6psi? (i know psi is relative...) or is that with no fuel pump upgrade or anything?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 PM

hey alex, I wanted to talk to you about this anyway and it relates to this topic so....

You had a breather on you idle actuator. I was thining about it and cleaning mine.

I believe it will leak boost out of the filter and would also leak boost into the pipe between the maf/turbo.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Stock fuel, no upgrades, 6psi. I think 8 psi with DSM pump and FMU.

No it doesnt leak boost, if it would leak with a breather it means that it would leak hooked up to the inlet tube, and we know it doesnt do that. Plus, i never had a leak problem
Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 PM

If you blow through it from the IM side, it lets air pass. I have mine connected like stock.

If it passes boost, it goes into a boosted pipe.

I could be wrong.

I don't mean leak, I mean it lets it pass through from the IM towards the filter.