Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo guys: mounting the intercooler

Old 07-15-2002, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

I'm getting 8.5:1 pistons, sorry I cannot post prices, as they have sponsored me... but he's quick with responses, so email him...
Old 07-15-2002, 10:11 PM

I agree with everything posted regarding Ballistic and Chris (UFB).

I'm getting my downpipe from him (custom job, I sent detailed drawings, flange specs, etc). We had a great e-mail exhange going on (to get all the details right). Plus it was much cheaper than an exhaust shop would have charged me.

All in all a good experience with them. I hope to have the downpipe waiting for me when I get back (business trip, ugh).

ac
Old 07-16-2002, 08:46 AM

you can pick up all kinds of different intercoolers from your local junkyard for about $50 bucks a pop some times cheaper at least I know I can!
Old 07-21-2002, 09:55 PM

Well, unfortunately I'm bitten by the revision A bug again (or maybe it's a 1.8L thing). I don't have nearly that much space between the radiator and the support frame. 3/4* tops. So I'm either going to have to do some cutting, or route out of my way into the fenderwell and back up.

I'll get some pics this week and show you all. It looks like the first-run frames used a different casting/design than the subsequent ones. Ugh, more problems, but I think I can fix this one (just a PITA).

thanks for all the inputs,
ac
Old 07-21-2002, 11:13 PM

Curtas,

This is a really crappy screen-capture of a PDF file made from the original Alpine instructions, plus it's in black and white.

http://homepage.mac.com/iTiburon/misc/Intercooler1.jpg

I hope it helps...
smile.gif