Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Accent in Dallas area

Old 08-31-2002, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Accent in Dallas area

hey guys, does anyone know who owns a turbocharged Accent in the north Texas(Dallas/Fort Worth) area?

I got my car dynoed today and as they were putting my info into the computer, they found a turbocharged Accent in thier records!! It put down 180 hp to the wheels from what the dyno showed. I'd just like to see if it was a Beta swap, then turbocharged or if it was the 1.5L or 1.6L "factory" motor.

btw, my car dynoed at 90 hp and 95 ft lbs to the front wheels! only mods are a semi cold air intake and a 2" custom exhaust with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2K Accent

What shop in Dallas dynoed your car? I'm looking for a new place to dyno my car. The best my 2k 1.5 did is 80.5 whp and 86.3 torque. Stock with 630 miles it did 72.1 whp and 81.6 torque.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:13 PM

Hehehe...yeah i know who put down that wooping 180 hp at the wheel. But I can't make any brags for him since I dunno if he wants me to say anything. But that's all stock motor w/ a few extra goodies you won't find at you local Pep Boys.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:20 PM

1. Why wouldn't he want you to say anything?
2. He's got more than just a few extra goodies with an additional 100hp to the wheels more than stock.
3. So I take it he's running a turbo set up.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:26 AM

Vehicle: 2K Accent

It sounds like he street races the car. You don't tell anybody about your set up when you do that. If they know what you got they won't race you. I sure would like to meet him. I've got so many questions to ask him.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:10 AM

I got it dynoed at Speed Teck(if I remember right) in Lewisville. It was during a dyno day and only cost $40. Normally it runs $60 for 3 runs. I really like it because they actually have a wideband O2 sensor that they stick up your exhaust pipe and give you a reading on the dyno sheet to show how rich or lean your car is running.

If you know the area, I can give you exact directions on how to get there. Otherwise, it is kinda hidden.

I really would like to talk to the guy that has the turbocharged Accent. I'd like to know some specifics(i.e. which motor, how much boost, intercooled?, which turbo, what kinda fuel system.....).

Anyway, I don't do any type of street racing, just legal autocrossing and road/track events. If one of y'all could find out what he has and then e-mail me(so it doesn't get out) that would be cool!