Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Trying to find a tuner

Old 09-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99/ Hyundai /accent
Default Trying to find a tuner

So I've ran my swapped 99 accent on about 5-8 pounds for about 6 months, with no tune. I appsolutly hated it. I resently took the car apart and sold the junk turbo kit I was running. My goal is to basicly clean everything back up and kinda start over but actually take more time. My 2016 goal is to buy a fresh beta 2 and piece together a cleaner turbo kit. Keeping it simple! But now that I've moved back to the Chicago land area idk if I'm going to find a tuner. I've called around, even sent a few emails and I eather get a flat out no we can't tune it or we'll have to get back to you. So I guess why I'm posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Chicago land or even in the close states who has found a tuner that isn't affrade to touch a Hyundai. My goal is to honestly make as much power on the stock motor as possible I'll be happy with 290-310
Old 09-08-2015, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

This is not Chicago specific but when I bought my ecu second hand I found it very hard to find a tuner for that brand so I looked at a haltech and contacted one of there dealers who was happy to install a platinum sprint 500 and tune it on my Hyundai elantra, if i could I'd replace it now for the elite 1500.

http://www.haltech.com/dealer/usa-canada/#Illinois