Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Treadstone Turbo Manifolds

Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Got an email today from Treadstone. They have a cast manifold available for the 1.8/2.0. I've ordered they're large intercooler and some smaller stuff from them. They have great quality, and they have a good rep from everyone else I've heard from. The manifolds have a lifetime warranty, which is outstanding in this shitty aftermarket world.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/produ...mp;phot_key=827

If that's what it really looks like, then you may have to worry about radiator clearance. Someone should ask them about it. Or you could go with a half core radiator. However, this would definately help clear the alternator.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Thanks Jon, I've always liked their site, but I wonder why they say it's the only one available out there. Champion makes them, I know that for sure, Kspec still sells them.

Probably don't know that.

Anyways, I agree brother, I wonder what's up with that? Think maybe they found one they already had worked for us so they just put it up?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Banned

treadstone makes awesome stuff. a buddy of mine has the srt-4 turbo kit they make and the manifold is top notch.

only thing like you said, that worries me about the manifold is how far the turbine housing would stick out towards the radiator.

even with tims log manifolds (about same size) the flange was on a 45 degree angle, and people still needed to get rid of the pass side fan i believe.

you would prob have to go with half core rad. or even solid mounts cuz the turbo would be really close, if not hitting the rad.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned

talked with a guy at treadstone today, and he said that i could buy one, try and mock it up with a turbo, and if it didn't fit, just send it back.. i believe i am going to try this as a second option to the SS log manifold.

might order it in a week or so so i can test it on a car.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^huh, did you get another tiburon?

that is a weird looking manifold to be fitting into the location we have. I'm sure it would fit on the GK though, they have tons of space in there because of the option for the v6. I think you could run factory fans with the speed-factor manifold in a gk.