Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

TD05 Oil Feed

Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 tiburon
Default TD05 Oil Feed

Just a quick question

I have a oil feed kit for my TD05. I don't have a restrictive feed for the fitting in the turbo, will this cause damage to it? To much oil pressure for the turbo to handle?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

My GT307R came with a restrictor after it was rebuilt, I forget the size but Garrett website list recommended restrictors, research your turbo,but I think you should have a restrictor, too much oil may damage your bearings.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

I think it depends where you are getting the feed from. If you are getting it from the front or side of the head then you're fine. My turbo came off an Evo and I didn't use a restrictor and it's fine from that feed location. If you were planning on getting it from a sandwich plate then that might be a different story cause the pressure there is quite high, I read upwards of 100psi on my gauge at times before it gave out - gotta get a new sensor for it now and I think I might move it's location to the head also cause I'm wondering if that high pressure had something to do with it going bad so quick.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: 99 Hyundai Lantra

Yea i think 100psi had something to do with it going bad. 40-60psi is average expectancy.

I have an evo 6 turbo, took my oil feed from the same feed as oil pressure switch and had no restrictor.

Benn running strong 3 years now.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:41 AM

Oh and Regit. I would check your oil pressure it shouldnt be that high no matter where the feed is coming from. The oil pressure is regulated within the Oil pump and if your gauge was reading right then you likely have a stuck oil relief valve.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

That was me that had high oil pressure reading - it's because I had the sensor to a sandwich plate which if you do that you will get a high reading from what I know and have been told. From the head is a different reading - low/more normal reading. I too have a Mitsubishi turbo with oil feed from the side of the head for a couple years now with no issue.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:06 PM

Yea sorry Kman I was intoxicated when I replied last time.

Thats strange, my feed for my gauge comes off my sandwich plate too. Never been over 65psi on a 1.6 engine and a 2L beta engine with brand new oil pump.