Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Supercow's Turbo Project In The Works!

Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Here are some pics about a week late. I started last friday and these were snapped this past wednesday when i got my oil pan back along with some charge pipes. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up tonight.

A few things have changed since these pics mainly that I got in some fittings so I'll be using my stainless steel feed line for oil now. wink1.gif

My very pretty jethot 2000 header and dp. (coated for freeeeeeee!!!)

Bow before my impressive air compressor setup!!!!!

Has anyone ever gotten one of these from k&n before, I can't remember the exact model number but it had this hole. Not sure if it's supposed to be there (wasn't on the product discription) but I'm using it for the air temp sensor.

edit:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RC-9420 - just noticed it says it has a "vent" in the base. not sure on the original intention of it but the air temp sensor is a perfect fit and means I don't have to have it later on in the intake.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:21 PM

the air temp sensor shoudl go before ur TB

OMG dont put that oil temp sensor there like that

IT WILL i repeat WILL break off... i broke two in that location there is NO way it will last and it could break when u dont know it

so please move it now
Old 04-17-2006, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Since your intercooled it wont hurt if you put the IAT sensor there, but yah its best to put it before the throttle body to get the most accurate reading
Old 04-17-2006, 09:12 PM

^^ I made a poll on it a while back, most people had it before the turbo. except jaws who had a screw in one from haltech.

where else should i put it viper? I wanted to measure pressure before the turbo. so i can make sure the turbo is getting oil.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

- i like the idea of the eagle vacuum manifold; keeps everything neat and it adds a visual appeal in the bay... bu the only thing i dont agree on is the idea of tapping 2 or more components from one vacuum source, really looks good though fing02.gif

- good job on the manifold and downpipe coating, it's better to do it now before installing it

- nice location of the oil pan return line fitting... nice and high... just don't overfill the oil when doing oil changes

- oh yeah... the oil presure sender should not be installed at that location, there's a restrictor on the head, you won't be getting the right readings. tee it with the stock sender unit on the block (might be too late now... the manifold and turbo's already installed :lol)

oh i wish i had some sort of an air tool(s) setup
Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 PM

the fitting just broke because its brass and gets soft with heat, right viper?

you do need the oil source from the head though. for a gauge, it wont be accurate if you consider accurate the pressure from the pump, but it will tell you when something is wrong
Old 04-17-2006, 09:56 PM

yea its brass and will get soft when hot, also it expands quite a bit which also weakens it.. couple that with the weight of that thing bouncing on a long arm and SNAPPO
Old 04-17-2006, 09:58 PM

they make stainless fittings like that right?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:00 PM

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Apr 17 2006, 11:58 PM)
they make stainless fittings like that right?

broke one too

get a 3 way block and run a line to the oil pressure sensor somewhere else and mount the line to something... problem solved
Old 04-17-2006, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

doode honestly we removed a button JUST FOR YOU and yet you still manage to quote the guy above you

how is that even possible?