Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Supercharger Kit

Old 02-05-2002, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Kit

After I get the torsional damper done for the Beta engine, I may a sum of money left over. I am going to contact a company by the name of Magnuson Products about a super charger kit tomorrow, for the Tiburon. They are experienced at running supercharged application on mass air flow vehicles and currently build the supercharger kit for the 2.4 Cavalier. I am going to see if they would be able to mock up the kit for the Tib or see how a much the MP112 or MP90 super charger is and have the kit fabricated locally. Let me know what you think. I am just trying hard to stay away from turbos. By the way they are Eaton superchargers, so they will last a long time.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:29 PM

There are a couple of Eaton supercharger systems for the Tibby already out there. The Alpine and there is one from Australia but I can't remember the name. Seems to work OK. But not a huge power gain... 30-40 hp. OOps, these are MAP sensor cars, but with a voltage clamp it still may work. There is always RIMMER. I guess they are out of business but maybe someone can point you to who bought out their Autorotor superchargers and custom intake manifolds.

Although the Autorotor is theoritically more efficient, we found very little power difference between the autorotor and Eaton systems.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:33 AM

What was up with Rimmer? They had a real nice setup, but it was too expensive. They want $3500 for only 44hp gain. For that much I can get a Balistic turbo and get a 100hp gain.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:31 AM
Red

Cheuk, you know anyone who's tried a centrifugal style blower on their BETA? Ala Vortec or Paxton? I'm very curious if this would yield better results on these cars.

I'd already covered this on HRD's post on HyundaiPerformance, but since you posted here...

-Red-
Old 02-06-2002, 10:50 AM

I looked at fitting one of the centrifugal superchargers on and there isn't any where good to mount it. I called to day and talked to ATI, Vortech and Powerdyne. They have compressors that will work, but it the fitting that will take time. I will have to look at my spare beta motor and the one in the vehicle and make a mock up of the mount.
I'll keep you posted on how it is going, the price for a just a vortech supercharger is about $2100 for a heavy duty model. I think if I can get one to fit, it would be a great setup. That way people could keep there cat back, catalytic converters and NA headers on and get the benefits of a turbo.

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: HRD_Tiburon ]
Old 02-08-2002, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2002 accent

Yes Red i have had a powerdyne charger fitted to my Beta and it was **** it mounted down the back of the block with custom brackets. But the powerdyne can only handle 6psi boost and when i fitted a 9psi pulley it done in 2 sets of bearings in 15.000k's.
It produced 130kw at the wheels.
It is now a turbo.