Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

stock injectors and fuel pump

Old 11-23-2002, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock injectors and fuel pump

Can i run 5psi on my stock injectors and pump, my car is also a returnless system, will that matter.

And if i do lean out on my stock injectors, i was told that elantra injectors will do the trick.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:54 PM

If you plan on running only 5 psi you should be fine with your stock injectors and fuel pumps. Running something around 8-10psi, you may want to start looking into swapping out those things. When you get done running your 5 psi, it isn't gonna be fast enough for you and you are gonna want to do more, so you my as well get the most of it, and replace them now so when the time for you to do more than just 5psi, that part is already taken care of.
Old 11-23-2002, 01:30 PM

Oh yea, does any one know the flow rate of the injectors for the 2001 1.5L
Old 12-08-2002, 07:38 AM

If I'm not mistaken the 1.5L has a return fuel system so you should be good with your stock injectors, BUT I would recommend a Raising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator (RRFPR). That way when the boost comes up your fuell system will increase the fuel flow in accordance to the boost pressure. I was running 4 PSI on my stock injectors on a returnless system with no problems what so ever (that is if you don't include chit spark plugs giving out).

Hope this helps, and good luck on the setup.