Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

some advice

Old 10-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default some advice

I am starting a turbo build-up, but am still unsure what management system to go with... I will be doing a beta swap and replacing the internals but don"t know if the piggybacks that are available would be good enough or if I should just MS it. It's the turbo setup that boostedtib was selling, if anyone was curious. I am leaning towards the MS but admittedly am a little scared of the outcome and if it will run.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Am fic unless you plan on goin like 600+HP lol people have been over the 400 mark with the fic
Old 10-23-2010, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Okay, but since I'm planning a beta swap to a MAP based engine, I was unsure if the ecu would be virtually useless. I'd like to be rid of the MAF completely, if possible.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

The MS has a map sensor built into itself so you wouldnt need to swap to a map and make it work. I myself have fought the factroy com. long and hard with a safc which is alot diff. then the AEMFIC but there isnt the complete control as there is with the MS but the decisions yours. Good news is there are a few of use that are runnning the Ms and we can share maps and info to get you started . The map im running now is killer in the car and making enough power to run in the mid to high 12s in the quater but thats my thing. Id be willing to share them and any help I can give if you go with the MS but the omly down fall right know is you may have a wait to get one . I promise it is well worth the wait the day you take it out for a drive. Tell Bill at KFX I sent you to order one.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

another option Haltec Interceptor