Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Smt6 Instalation Need Help Asap

Old 04-04-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so all i have left to do is install my smt6

i need to know what way to install it for what i want to do with it...ive seen the sticky post with the diffrent ways,
not shure witch one to use. im running a small turbo 7psi with 460cc injectors, zex inline booster pump, and rrfpr... I want to be able to control the fuel and timming as im running stock internals, using the stock MAF...what way is best to hook it up?.... im not using a 5th injector as im prolly going to have too much fuel as it stands now (wanted to have a little more rather than not enough).

thanks
supa
Old 04-04-2006, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If you are replacing your stock injectors with 460cc injectors you will have to use the smt-6 to modify the MAF to tune down the injectors. you will need to be using the first wiring diagram in Jay-M's thread in order to do this safc like application. But honestly this is alot of work just to run 7 pounds, it would be much easier to run a 5th injector and wire up the smt-6 only to control that injector under boost, this way you wont have to do any daily driving non boost tuning. THis method is not the best way to add fuel but is effective up to 10 pounds. If you are just going to stay at 7 you could even do it with just a rrfpr and a bigger pump. Running 93 octane to be safe, this method wouldnt be safe for much more than that boost though. Either way, at 7 pounds you dont have to bother with ignition retard. Hopes this helps.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:59 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

I have answered your PM, I also left my email address as well
Old 04-05-2006, 02:59 PM

thanks it was a big help guys

I dont mind tuning down the fuel...as long as i know i will have more for when i go with a bigger turbo set up and more boost...just getting that part out of the way now...i plan on running 10 to 12 psi....with the setup i have now just running 7 to start...as the internal wastegate is set to that and progressively bringing boost up.

i think what i have will be enough to run 10 to 12 psi on stock internals and retard timing and add more fuel to be safe what do you think?....the turbo is quite small i will also be using a very small shot of nitrous to cool things down.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 PM

sorry for the double post

my smt6 got installed and all the wiering diagrams are not right for my car 99 se.....my fuel pump dident work with the smt6 installed 2 diffrent ways....so i took it out and my car is running fine 7psi...no idel problems at all...no loss of power when the bov blows to atmosphere...but i realy want the smt6 because its running a little ritch ....anyone have the right diagrams for a 99 tiburon?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

So, supadupa called me last night about this problem and i would like to share the important details/tips about the initial setup of the smt-6 to make it start our cars.

Once all the wires are hooked up, double check your work. Test the TPS movement by powering up the device [switched +12v, turning your key to the ign1 position (the key position before cranking your car where the cluster/instrument guages lights up)], connecting it to the laptop and loading up the software then pressing and depressing the accelerator pedal. You should see the cursor on the smt-6 software move up and down in the tps area (bottom maps).

Note: The SMT-6 WILL NOT start the car until you load up the wiring diagrams (global settings) to it, basically telling it what car is it connected to.

So, how do we do this, jay-m?

This happened to me before as well... learned from my mistakes and sharing it to you fellas.

There are two thing we could do this but this is the easiest one...

Basically, connect the laptop then put your car to the ign1 position; this will power up the piggyback then load the program/software. While the unit is powered up... you need the software to communicate with the piggyback by clicking "go online" or just "online" (under the STATUS menu).

Once linked together, the wiring diagram map had to be loaded onto the piggyback. This should be in the drop down FILE menu of the software, now just select the type/model of car (the hyundai473 or the hyundai716 should both work). Once loaded, go to the TOOLS and hit download to SMT-6, this will make sure that the wiring diagram map(global settings) are "burned in" into the piggyback.

Now, the car should start

Oh, btw... if you get a "runtime error" message while trying to load the wiring diagram map, you must uninstall(go into the add/remove programs in the control panel) and reinstall the software again.

Hopefully that should help you fellas in the future
Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 PM

thanks jay....i will be trying this tomarrow night...dident have time tonight...thanks for taking the time to talk to me on the phone and help me.

cheers
supadupa