Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

SMT piggyback Base Map

Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Gen 2
Default SMT piggyback Base Map

Hi everybody.

I have a 2001 Gen 2 Hyundai coupe 2.0. For the last 2-3 years its been having a Jattus kit turbo kit installed at various garages to no great success.

Right now its trying to be mapped but it has a Perfect Power SMT-6 as a piggyback with NO base map. The tuners are unable to work with it as they have nothing to alter except blank parameters.

I know the SMT was suppose to come with a base running map but it didnt and i cannot contact the person i got the kit from as we are not on speaking terms as i feel i was "ripped off" and he would not help with my problems when i had them.

I hope to hear back from some of you guys.

Kieran.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

have you contacted the manufacturer?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Coupe F2 Evo

Jattus is the manufacturer of the kit and is not even willing to reply to Kieran's emails.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Hey, as aaron says, For a number of reasons the communications between myself and Jattus is non existent.

I have however contacted Perfect power who i am awaiting help from, they are the manufactures of the SMT6 but as it is a universal piggyback i doubt they will be able to provide such map
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you know the sensors you have and the engine configuration, they might be able to get you in the ballpark.

(I was talking about Perfect Power, not the whole forced induction setup BTW)
Old 05-12-2013, 03:18 AM

Unfortunately they gave me the address of U.S Tiburon forums and told me i could find help there, they also gave me the name of their U.S dealer of the smt6 who has not replied to any emails yet.

Until i find some sort of base map then the tuner is unable to do anything with me car.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:48 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

hey mate, Cant u connect it to ur pc and input the data urself?

i have basemaps for megasquirt and few other Engine management systems. i'v never used a piggyback so im not sure what setting u can change if any.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Antonyr123
hey mate, Cant u connect it to ur pc and input the data urself?

i have basemaps for megasquirt and few other Engine management systems. i'v never used a piggyback so im not sure what setting u can change if any.

Hey pal, you can enter details into it this is what it looks like but as you can see all of the parameters are set to 0

Old 05-12-2013, 04:18 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by mrkieran23
Hey pal, you can enter details into it this is what it looks like but as you can see all of the parameters are set to 0

This piggyback is more confusing then some full installs lol

does car still start and run ok, im guessing that table at 0 is because there no extra fuel being added over the OEM ecu ?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 AM

The car did run 100%, boosted and all sorts and this was before the SMT was wired up right, for few months we were under the impression the smt was working and the secondary injectors were firing but turns out they never were.

The coupe did suffer problems after this but thats down to not enough fuel which i believe to be the fuel pump.

Now the smt is wired up right and just need it mapped but you can see my problem