Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Smt 6 Supercharger/high Lift Cams Map Anyone?

Old 08-18-2007, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

Hi guys,
Im running into problems with tuning on my supercharger and 280 degree cams on my beta 1. Im getting a object missing 424 error when I try to download or upload maps and settings.

If anyone has an smt map they can share with me that will help me get to the garage it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 AM

Bump!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

bal,

i'm not sure if you have looked into this thread in regards if instaling and setting up the SMT-6 properly.. please double check since are are having some errors messages on the program:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=15008

as for the map for you setup... you are a pioneer on your setup and i dont think anyone here has what you need. you need to start your own map from scratch with the help of road tuning or even dyno tuning and a OBD-II Scantool.

What is your s/c setup anyways?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You may need to try resetting the SMT-6, there is a way to do it that you may have tried without sucess but the only resetting technique that ive used with sucess with a runtime error stubborn SMT-6 is to:

have the mouse cursor over the letters "RPM" in the analog map and hold the right click button until it asks you if you are sure youd like to reset and you click yes.

This should get rid of those random runtime errors (assuming youve installed it correctly)

As for your map, if your specific about what S/C setup your using we may be able to help you with a startup map, we'd need the S/C specs, injector size, target boost, boost threshold, etc
Old 08-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Unfortunately I have an alpine Beta supercharger kit with Viper high lift cams, I purchased the cams from a UK forum, I was told they are 270 degree with 10.2 mm lift.

Spec: Alpine Beta 1 supercharger - Comes with 8psi supercharger pulley - may be producing around 5psi? im not sure
270 degree cams with 10.2mm lift
SMT-6
4-2-1 header
2.5" Power flow exhaust with high flow cat
OZ spec light weight pulley
Injen CAI
Cold Fusion Wet nitrous kit - 25hp shot
Fuel pressure regulator
Standard injectors
Standard fuel pump
Standard pistons and all other engine components.

I had extreme trouble fitting the supercharger as it is made for the US car and the UK spec is right hand drive. I have lost so much low end power which is not normal. I think the ignition needs retarding or the cams need advancing?

I was hoping that I could do something about that with the SMT ignition mapping.

I am not planning on using the extra injector on the supercharger.

The car drives but dies if I take it over 6000 Revs, this could very well be a fueling problem.

I would like to intercool the damn thing but there is nothing avaliable yet, i don't think?

All help appreciated
Old 08-21-2007, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok so your pushing boost and (i hope not) nitrous and your on stock fuel? even if the nitrous is a wet shot with the extra air from the supercharger pulling the car lean thats still dangerous.

You at least have a boost gauge i hope? or know what kind of boost it should be running? im assuming you dont have a wideband?

you should definatly have both.

If you have just stock injectors you can still adjust the fuelling by hooking the SMT-6 to adjust the analog signal of the maf sensor to suit your needs, trouble is past a certain point youll be maxing out the maf sensor.

Now, the rrfpr can be adjusted to give you some more fuel and if its 1:1 thatll help as well, but you may want to consider hooking up a 5th injector to help out with the fuel and using the injection map on the smt-6 to add more fuel.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:26 PM

I don't have a rising rate FPR, boost guage or a wideband. I need to get this stuff hooked up along with some bigger injectors.

It is a MAP based car, but I will increase the pressure on the FPR to see if it makes a difference.

Any suggestions on the wideband and boost guage? brands?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:28 PM

I have just tried resetting the SMT but got nothing, apparantly the No Tune option has been selected on the map so it can't be modified. But I don't understand why I can't just reset the damn thing!! It just keeps displaying object not found 424 when I try and load wiring diagram? I have mailed perfect power for a resonse on this one.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (Bal @ Aug 21 2007, 09:02 PM)
Spec: Alpine Beta 1 supercharger - Comes with 8psi supercharger pulley - may be producing around 5psi? im not sure
270 degree cams with 10.2mm lift
SMT-6
4-2-1 header
2.5" Power flow exhaust with high flow cat
OZ spec light weight pulley
Injen CAI
Cold Fusion Wet nitrous kit - 25hp shot
Fuel pressure regulator
Standard injectors
Standard fuel pump
Standard pistons and all other engine components.

You could have too much overlap with your cam if you run only 5 psi !!!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

when using the rpm trick to reset the smt-6 it should get rid of the no-tune option,but you'll loose all settings

for the error message,try removing the software from your computer and re-install it

QUOTE (Bal @ Aug 22 2007, 03:28 PM)
I have just tried resetting the SMT but got nothing, apparantly the No Tune option has been selected on the map so it can't be modified. But I don't understand why I can't just reset the damn thing!! It just keeps displaying object not found 424 when I try and load wiring diagram? I have mailed perfect power for a resonse on this one.